Sign in to follow this  

Acerbis plastic rear fender- does it fit the S?

I just bought a white rear fender for my DRZ S from the TT shop and it looks like it will need some major cutting to get it to fit.

Bryan Bosch from the TT shop contacted Acerbis who said it is the right model but from comparing the two,in my opinion, they are quite different.

I searched this subject and another TT member stated you needed to cut some holes but my one looks like you need to saw off a large chunk of plastic from the mid section of both sides in addition to making a few holes and slots for screws and wiring.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks

Yeah, You can adapt the acerbis rear fender to the S model. It isn't that big of a deal to just cut off those extra tabs or sides of the fender. I used some heavy duty scissors that are for cutting aluminum and sheet metal and it worked like a charm.

It only took about 10 minutes to get the fender trimmed down to fit.

Dont fret.

As stated above considerable cutting required, but no big deal.

If you are a prefectionist, and will not be happy if the fender does not fit like the stock one did, then do not start cutting, and send it back. It will not fit on the left side of the bike any way near as well as the stock plastic did!

But in my opinion "Hey it's a dirt bike"!! And I liked mine better in black, than the yellow it came in.

Thanks for all the replies- really confirming what I thought.

I suppose I'll have to buy a big hack-saw and saw away at it. Not ideal but if it works I suppose its not a big deal.

Cheers