Hurrican Ivan........info

Ivan has now pissed me off, ? I am set to leave sat 9/11 for a 7 day cruse to the western caribbean. It looks like jamaica and grand cayman will be wiped out, and cozumel will be beat up. so now I can go to far away countries and see what hurricane damage looks like there :awww::devil:

Just got my POWER back on from Hurricane Frances......

..now talking about $ucking :D? .

So I bet DonO is in the same boat....he lives down the street me.

70ft. tree went down on my 24'x50' garage......well like 6" from the roof. :devil: It did not do a FREE fall....which was good becasue it would have took my roof out.......for sure. Lots of shingles off the roof(about 80 of them).

As for Hurrican Ivan:

After looking at about 9 web sites, it looks right now that is will go into the Gulf and then hit Tampa area and go though Florida. ? Come out right where I'm at..... :awww: .

Let me tell you.......I LOVE tyo Surf, but these Hurricane's is sure trying my MIND. NO GAS, MILK and the traffic $UCKS BIG TIME!!! Don't forget alot of people are JERKS too.........try to stay OFF the roads!!!

Been there, done that, got the "I survived Hugo" t-shirt!

Hurricane survivors tip of the day: You can fool your mind into thinking an ice cold shower is steamy hot. Yup!!!

Good luck Charlie, Gaston, Frances survivors! I know I am tired of it, my trails are a mess, my backyard is a swamp, but I fully know how lucky I am, and what you Floridians have on your lists!

Robert ?

from the 8pm...

IVAN IS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CATEGORY 4 HURRICANE ON THE

SAFFIR-SIMPSON HURRICANE SCALE. REPORTS FROM AN AIR FORCE RESERVE HURRICANE HUNTER AIRCRAFT INDICATE THAT MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS HAVE INCREASED TO 145 MPH...235 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER GUSTS. ADDITIONAL STRENGTHENING IS EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS

This is not a storm to be reckoned with. It flattened grenada today. If it looks like its going to make landfall in your area, grab what you like most and haul azz.

from the 8pm...

IVAN IS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CATEGORY 4 HURRICANE ON THE

SAFFIR-SIMPSON HURRICANE SCALE. REPORTS FROM AN AIR FORCE RESERVE HURRICANE HUNTER AIRCRAFT INDICATE THAT MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS HAVE INCREASED TO 145 MPH...235 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER GUSTS. ADDITIONAL STRENGTHENING IS EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS

This is not a storm to be reckoned with. It flattened grenada today. If it looks like its going to make landfall in your area, grab what you like most and haul azz.

Hopefully this one misses us.

I'm already working from 6:30 to 8 as it is... I can't imagine getting hit again.

We took it harder here in Ocala than I thought at first. I've been driving around working in all of it for a few days now. There are people that won't have power for weeks.

I couldn't imagine... ?

I haven't really gotten any good damage pics. Most of the bad stuff is in areas where I either have to clear it out really fast or can't stop to take a good pic.

I got some good video of the power line in front of my house burning up though.

http://ovrrdrive.made2own.com/powerline.wmv

Cool eh?

Here are some pictures of what my days have consisted of...

My fiber and express feeder holding up a broken pole with a transmission line still attached.

http://ovrrdrive.made2own.com/uploader/uploads/IMG_2619.JPG

This was the first time I have ever seen a transformer hit the ground this hard. My cable is pinned under it too.

http://ovrrdrive.made2own.com/uploader/uploads/IMG_2629.JPG

This fiber has our entire towns cable and internet on it. It's the interconnect to the Gainesville Head end. It took me almost an hour to cut it out of there.

http://ovrrdrive.made2own.com/uploader/uploads/Img_2624_2.jpg

This one just looked cool... It's still there too. They decided they don't want me working on anything now until the power company clears the areas. This is going to take some time.

http://ovrrdrive.made2own.com/uploader/uploads/Img_2627_2.jpg

I just posted these to remind everyone to be safe. Don't take any storm for granted.

I'll try to get some more exciting pictures. :devil:

Excuse my french, but you have to be [@#$%&*!] kidding me...

160 MPH????

They changed the track a little too, which I hope is a good thing. Hopefully they'll keep on moving it out into the Atlantic.

Florida does NOT need that bad ass storm to hit.

I put this picture on my webspace so it won't update.

strm9_track_720x486.jpg

PapaSmurf(Rich).......No word from DonO. ?

I had NO phone,water, cell phone(would not get a signal) and Power. So maybe he's going though the same thing too.

ovrrdrive......Thanks for Pics!! :D

Your right.....I wake up this morning and go straight to the web sites that update this new Hurricane and now it looks like the Atlantic side, not the Gulf. :devil:

In other words......Very Bad for someone like ME.....? . Let's just hope it turns into the Atlantic

and does no harm to any land. Just UNREAL....all computers and weather people said Gulf 100%...now this??? :awww:

I give up trying to think I can even come close to guessing where this one will come up on.?

I guess Monday of next week everybody will know. :D

I just got power back yesterday, tuesday, here in St. Augustine. Still no cable so i'm using a friends computer. Half of the shingles on the front of my house are gone and a little water damage inside but that's it.

Marty down in Vero beach is still without power. He lost two good sizes oak trees but luckly they missed his house.

I spent yesterday morning UN hurricane proofing mine and my parents house. When I thought IVAN was a gulf bound problem. Now it looks like I'll have to do it all agian ?:devil:

But I'll take it over a 10 foot snow drift any day of the week. :awww:

UPDATE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTNT44 KNHC 091452

TCDAT4

HURRICANE IVAN DISCUSSION NUMBER 29

NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL

11 AM EDT THU SEP 09 2004

THE LAST RECONNAISSANCE FIX WAS EARLIER THIS MORNING ABOUT 1141Z.

FLIGHT LEVEL...700 MB...WINDS WERE 156 KNOTS WITH AN EXTRAPOLATED

PRESSURE OF 917 MB AND 921 MB MEASURED BY A DROP. IVAN HAS AN

OUTSTANDING SATELLITE PRESENTATION...HOWEVER...THE RING OF

CONVECTION SURROUNDING THE EYE HAS WEAKENED A LITTLE BIT. INITIAL

INTENSITY REMAINS AT 140 KNOTS. HURRICANES NORMALLY DO NOT MAINTAIN

SUCH PEAK INTENSITY FOR A LONG TIME AND MOST LIKELY THERE WILL WE

SOME SLIGHT WEAKENING. THE HURRICANE WILL PROBABLY FLUCTUATE

BETWEEN CAT 4 AND 5 UNTIL IT REACHES CUBA. THEREAFTER..THE EFFECTS

OF LAND...INCREASING SHEAR AND LOWER OCEAN HEAT CONTENT WILL CAUSE

WEAKENING.

IVAN IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST AT 13 KNOTS. THIS GENERAL

MOTION WITH A GRADUAL DECREASE IN FORWARD SPEED IS EXPECTED DURING

THE NEXT 3 DAYS. THERE HIGH CONFIDENCE IN THIS PORTION OF THE

FORECAST BECAUSE THE HURRICANE WILL BE STEERED BY THE FLOW

SURROUNDING A WELL-ESTABLISHED SUBTROPICAL RIDGE. ALL MODELS ARE

HIGHLY CLUSTERED DURING THIS PERIOD...BRINGING THE HURRICANE

BETWEEN CUBA AND THE CAYMAN ISLANDS. THEREAFTER...THE FORECAST

TRACK BECOMES HIGHLY UNCERTAIN. STEERING CURRENTS ARE FORECAST TO

COLLAPSE AND CONSEQUENTLY...THE HURRICANE IS EXPECTED TO SLOW DOWN

AS IT CROSSES CUBA. A RIDGE OVER THE BAHAMAS A LITTLE STRONGER

THAN ANTICIPATED...WILL BRING THE HURRICANE TOWARD THE EASTERN GULF

OF MEXICO AS INDICATED BY THE UK...CANADIAN AND NOGAPS GLOBAL

MODELS. A WEAKER RIDGE THAN ANTICIPATED COULD RESULT ON A MORE

NORTHWARD TRACK OVER THE BAHAMAS AND NEARBY THE EAST COAST OF

FLORIDA AS INDICATED BY THE GFS. THE 4-5 DAY OFFICIAL

FORECAST...WHICH IS HIGHLY UNCERTAIN...CALLS FOR A SOLUTION IN

BETWEEN...BRINGING THE HURRICANE OVER WEST/CENTRAL CUBA INTO THE

SOUTHEASTERN GULF OF MEXICO AND THEN FLORIDA.

FORECASTER AVILA

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL 09/1500Z 14.5N 71.4W 140 KT

12HR VT 10/0000Z 15.3N 73.3W 140 KT

24HR VT 10/1200Z 17.0N 75.2W 135 KT

36HR VT 11/0000Z 18.5N 77.3W 135 KT

48HR VT 11/1200Z 19.5N 79.0W 135 KT

72HR VT 12/1200Z 21.0N 80.5W 130 KT

96HR VT 13/1200Z 24.0N 82.0W 115 KT

120HR VT 14/1200Z 28.5N 82.0W 85 KT INLAND

Bonzai ?

First time I could get on since last Fri. Good to here everyone is OK. I lost the fence and some trees but the house is good. I took advantage of a 2-hour ride up an ddown the beach and all around town on a dirt bike. Thanks to all who offered to put us up, and thanks kerrdog for the offer to store the bikes. With Ivan looking at the west coast, I return the offer to anyone who needs to come east, just don't know when I'll get power back so you might have to suffer with know AC. (Update - Got power back last night ?)