Sign in to follow this  

New CRF Ordered. long way to go.

Just posting to let you all know that I have ordered a new 2005 CRF 250 R from International Motorcycle Brokers. :thumbsup: Real pleased with the Price :awww: will worry about the import tax when it gets here :devil: This post may be more interest to anyone from the UK on here; I will try to keep you posted on how it goes. The bike has a long way to go, to reach me up in the North of Scotland. Here’s hoping all goes well,

Cost including shipping comes to $5994 which is roughly £3125 if you convert $ to £ this is cheap when you look at the prices, if you can get a price for a 2005 yet. im going by the 2004 prices.

chris,

Congratulations :awww: I'm sure you're very excited.

And I'm envious.

I'v looked at their web-site a number of times too.

One, to get an idea of when new models will be arriving, two, for pricing, and I like the idea of buying my bike in a crate....before anyone else puts their grubby un-caring hands on it.

However, if ya get a new bike and it has a problem right from the get-go, normally ya go back to the dealer and try to resolve the issue. Granted, this is rare, but definately not unheard of.

With Intl.mc/Brokers, what would ya do in a case like that??

With you setting it up, and being the first to run / handle it, my guess is that mc/brokers will back off and say, "pal, it's all your's." :thumbsup:

Did this cross your mind before buying?

Does mc/brokers have a standard policy-understanding?

Curious to hear your thoughts.

Enjoy your new scoot :devil:

SSR :lol: in Maryland, USA.

To be honest with you I did not think of the possibility of something going wrong. :awww: We have had a few CRF250s racing round here with no problems that Im aware of, so I will take the chance. There should be a good saving for me because of the price of bikes in this country compared to the rest of the world. :devil: Im taking that into account more than anything else. If I do encounter a problem I will have to deal with it like I have always done by myself, not so bad for me as I was a mechanic and do all my own spanner work, always have done and always will. It used to be the case in this country that there was no warranty with motocross bikes as they were sold as competition machinery. This has changed as time passed, but Im still not sure how long you are covered for. Also there is not a main dealer near me so its almost a case of I can get a bike from anywhere because it would involve a distance to sort out any problems, not as far as Canada :lol: I know. Im not sure of there policy but im sure its on there web site somewhere must have a look. Thanks for the thoughts will let you all know how it goes. :thumbsup:

I understand completely, I would do the same thing, and I'm sure you'll be fine.

There was a post last week from a TT'er who did not receive the "exact" model bike he paid for. Problem was later resolved...but not without much complaint & aggrevation. This situation sorta stuck in my mind, I guess.

You have a good attitude, you're gettin a great bike, so enjoy life. :thumbsup:

I visited Scotland a few years ago. Totally beautiful.

Stay well.

SSR :devil:

you will have to let us know how much import duty you will be paying, hopefully its a huge saving from rip off prices were having to pay for a new bike.i could just imagine a new '05 x parked in my garage and all the goodies i can put on it for the same cost of a u.k priced bike. :thumbsup: