Sign in to follow this  

400EXC used cost?

There is a clean 2002 400exc NJ street legal, with a few extras, at a local used bike shop (consignment type). Asking 5800 . This seems high, but I read great things about this model. I'm trading up from a Honda 230, but have also ridden a yzf250( nice but hard to start).

WAY too much money. You could almost get a brand new one for that kind of money! Should be worth high $3k to $4k, IMO.

WAY too much money. You could almost get a brand new one for that kind of money! Should be worth high $3k to $4k, IMO.

Not in California with a plate on it :thumbsup:

I hear you on the Cali thing. The first thing I did before responding was to see that he lives on the other side of the country.

NADA value says $4395 , how much are extra goodies worth? Street legal already in NJ. A dealer north of me has a EXC450 04 leftover $5700 plus add 700 to put on Baja light kit.

Depends on the extras. Usually pennies on the dollar. Dampers hold their value well but are rarely left on the bike when they're sold. You can get very good dual sport kits for much less than $700. See Trick Dual Sport or talk to Mike at Cycle Zone KTM about getting the factory dual sport setup.

2 years newer, brand new and the factory warranty make the 04 a much better deal, IMO.

Bought the 02 for 4900 at used dealer/repair shop. Has steereing damper and full street legal . Tested it in parking lot and loved the feel. Thanks for help.

Congrats on the new bike. I'm going to have to keep your email address for when I sell my bikes, though! :thumbsup: