Sign in to follow this  

TTR90 folding tip shifter

I finially got fed up with bending my kids shifter back to shape.

The TTR90 really needs a folding tip shifter.

I called IMS thinking that I could buy any ol shifter and cut the tip off and weld it to mine. Well they said that they have them for the TTr90 with the folding tip. I believe they are $30. They are outta stock right now but should be in in 2 weeks they said. I am gonna order one latter today I think.

This is good news. :thumbsup:

Ims products 1(800) 237-9906

All right now I am confused. I just called them to order the shifter. The lady I talked to said that they dont offer one for the TTR90. I told her that the fella I talked to yesterday said that they do. She talked to the owner and he said that they dont have one for the TTR90. She said to take mine off and measure it up and take a pict or 2 and they will see what they can come up with.

Not what I wanted to hear. Dangit..... They f**k you at the drive thru.

I am suprised that I am the only one that is interested in a folding tip shifter.

Well I made a nice cad drawing and sent it to Ims. Well I guess they dont want my business cause they never called me back. Even after I called them a few times to see what they found out. They said that they would call me back.... yada yada yada.....

So I took matters into my own hands. I went to my Yami dealer ant told them what I was after. They showed me a few cheepy shifters then found a stock yamaha folding tip shifter for $15. SOLD. It dont fit the TTR90. But I cut the tip off of it and cut the tip off of of the TTR90 shifter and I will be welding them together this week. I will post a pict of the finished product when done if anyone cares.

I am not sure what bike the folding tip shifter came off of. But I can find out if anyone is interested. It is a way better built shifter than the cheepo emgo shifters that they origionaly showed me. Should hold up fine.

It seems that is the way most people end up getting what should be a readily available product... by welding the folding tip of something else to the TTR stub... I think it is hard to get that off-the-shelf match because of the way the ttr90 shifter tucks right in and is an unusual shape... :thumbsup:

David

Wow an actual response. I thought I was alone in here....Helooooooo.....echo....echo...echo.... :devil:

Hopefully should have it welded up today or tomorrow. I will get a photo in here when its done :thumbsup:

Reaaaaally....Too late now. Thanks anyways. Were were ya a week ago when I needed ya. :devil:

Should add that info to the TTR90 page at the top. Ya listening Moderador dude??? :thumbsup:

And it survived a weekend of riding without getting bent :cry: Sweet.

Now I just gotta fix the Tusk aluminum hangduard that he destroyed &%$#@!! :cry:

I cant stay ahead of that kid for the life of me :cry: