Sign in to follow this  

Bike won't kick start???

Maybe someone can help me out. I just got my motor back from WMR(full rebuild, valves, buckets, springs, porting... the works) and I can't kick start it, but can bump start it. I even rejet to the specs they gave me(172 main, 42 pilot, 2 turns out on air screw)and still no go. I checked the valves and they are within specs. I am at a loss. Is it a jetting issue or valve issue? Any suggestions???

BTW- when it is running it rips in the mid and top, but is very flat on bottom. It pops on deceleration like it is lean, but the plug is dark like it is rich...

I'd be spending my time getting ahold of WMR and see what they have to say. I know I wouldn't want to send out my engine and get it back not running even remotely poorly.

If it won't kick start maybe you don't have enough compression.

My 2 cents.

Compression is fine and no gaskets are leaking. As for getting hold of WMR...I've been trying but I think I'm SOL until they recover from the Hurricane. They aren't answering phones or email, probably don't have either yet. Poor guys were basically ground zero for it's coming ashore.

what year it it did you put it together or did they, you need to do a leak down test on it if it is one with automatic decompresson it is really hard to test the comp a leak test will tell you if your rings are working right.it could just be a small piece stuck in one off the valve seats ive see that happen

I'll look into the timing. Would it run this crisp everywhere but the bottom if the timing was off? I have never had a four stroke issue before, so I'm learning as i go.

I've never had problems with WMR before, and I'm sure they will help me figure this out when I can get hold of them. In the mean time I appreciate all your help and suggestions. Keep 'em coming.

If the marks on the cam wheels are both lined up on the outsides of each wheel then it is timed correctly, right? Also the timing mark on the flywheel lines up with it's marks on the case/cover. That is TDC and where I checked the valve clearance. Am I doing this right?