Sign in to follow this  

Northern Illinois - Who? Where? When? This weekend

Gotsta go riding somewhere this weekend, track or trails :devil:

Wondering if anybody else is heading out :thumbsup:

couple of us are heading out to buffalo range on sunday. you are welcome to join us.

Alrighty John-

I was hoping for a Friday or Saturday but Sunday is still possible. Just got word that my BR riding buddy broke two vertebrae in his neck out there doing hill climbs a week ago :devil: . You have the DVD of helmet cam footage I made ya, it was Rob with the southern accent. He's expected to make a full recovery but it's going to be a long winter for him.

He has every intention to get back out there next spring though :thumbsup:

Knock on wood :awww:

Sorry to hear about your buddy, hope everything works out for him.

Let me know if you can make it on Sun. There are a group of us going. We will probably park out by the track as there are a couple kids going and its easier for them to get to the kiddy track.

I'm racing Saturday night in Mendota and I'm not sure if I'll ride Sunday or not. Usually depends how the races go the night before! :thumbsup:

newbie but long time reader :crazy:was there last sunday had a blast was on the trails all day it was awesome! all my buddies on their crf450s were on the track they dont like all that hard stuff on the trails.Im in for sat. sunday got family coming over if not see you guys the following week :thumbsup:

sorry didnt say where i was riding at :thumbsup: i was at buffalo

anybody been to the cliffs yet?

Haven't been there, but to quote DeNiro, "I've heard things...."

lots of quads....not as good trail riding as Buff range....there is a river/stream that can make for some good cool-off water crossings and river riding...

if you go, take some pics and let us know how it goes...

I'm heading to BR Saturday, showing up at 9:30a. Chevy Z71 blk ext cab 426 #47 next to a ford F250 with a CRF450.

Seriously considering camping and attending Sunday as well. Does anybody know of a nice campground near Starved Rock?

Johnt3- what time will you guys be showing up on Sunday?

Johnt3- what time will you guys be showing up on Sunday?

we're shooting for around 9am.

look for a blue chev 4x4 extended cab, and a red ford expedition with a small red trailer. we will probably be parked by the track.

hope to see ya there.

Jaggley, I was thinking of joining you at the cliffs, but I just looked at their web site. Looks like mostly quads, and you must have a 5'flag!@! to late for me to get a flag and figure out how to mount it.

Maybe next time.

hey guys anybody rode west towards the quarry? at br. last year i bought a pass out there and it was marked off I know people still rode past the tape but i was told if caught they would fine you dont know if it was a scare tactic or what.

Viner- Yeah there is a bad ass step up type jump half way up the hill. It's over a traverse path for trucks :devil: I wouldn't go in the quarry personally. BR's sand pit is dangerous enough with the iron rods sticking out. You know $20 a head per rider you would think they'd take care of that crap down there. A few sticks fo TNT or hire a welder for the day :thumbsup: Oh and there is a nice DEEP stream crossing around there as well.

hey guys anybody rode west towards the quarry? at br. last year i bought a pass out there and it was marked off I know people still rode past the tape but i was told if caught they would fine you dont know if it was a scare tactic or what.

Well I'm a local yokel out there and even we don't go out there that much. The quarry is cracking down and if you don't know your way out in about 4 different directions you might get in some trouble.

There is some good trails out that way, but I don't know if its worth the risk. :thumbsup: Your call.

johnt3 - I have e-mailed the cliffs about the flags for bikes and they replied that bikes DO NOT require them because they sit up higher than quads and don't have a good mounting place.

Kind of confusing because their web site states in one section that bikes need them,and then in another that they don't.

I will be at BR around 930 also will be parked at the end of the track blue ford f350 with a green ez up for shade riding a xr400 my son has a klx125 hope see you guys and go on some trail rides :thumbsup:

Matt228- How far from BR is the track in Mendota? and what time do the races start?

KevXR416- Oh we'll get some good riding in, my friend is a psycho with hill climbs. Scares me sometimes just watching him. Anywho, see ya out there-