Sign in to follow this  

Anyone use Power Pegz?

What I want to know is this: When you take your foot off the peg does it spring back into place or are you constantly searching for the peg to be in the 'upright position?' It looks like a great idea. I just wonder how reliable it is.

The Pivotpegz do spring back upright, the Powerpegs would be the same one assumes?

I work with the guy who came up with the Power Pegz!! We also work with the mechanical guy who did up all the drawings for him.

I think he had something to do with Pivot pegs at one point then they split off after some sort of buisness dealings went FUBAR with his "associate". Something like that. Take that with a grain of salt I would have to get the real story straight......

He is a TT member if I recall.

I told him where is the model for the DRZ!??? He told me he didn't feel there would be enough demand. :banghead: I say the DRZ forum is the most active and most money spent forum on the board. :applause:

PowerPegz will have the DRZ 400 Pegs out this October - So all you riders will have the chance to ride and try. Nate The Great will be testing & using them as a sponsored rider. They will also be offered with optional skid pucks that mount on the underside of the pegbody to keep from grinding them down in turns along with helping to keep from chewing up the track.

PowerPegz will have the DRZ 400 Pegs out this October - So all you riders will have the chance to ride and try. Nate The Great will be testing & using them as a sponsored rider. They will also be offered with optional skid pucks that mount on the underside of the pegbody to keep from grinding them down in turns along with helping to keep from chewing up the track.
Power (Pegz) to the people! Now including the DRZ people!!!! :banghead: I will post some pics and a ride report when I bolt them up to my DRZ.

I also will be racing the Amateur open class at the West Coast Supermoto Shootout in Stockton on the Oct 8th. so I will get a chance to put them to the test! Sweet.

Those look like something I might buy :banghead:

I'm using IMS Pro right now...

Question though...If the pivot doesn't spring back and your foot

comes off in the air say during a jump then when you put your foot

back would there not be a chance that the toothed flat section would

be in the wrong angle in relation to the sole of your boot and hence a

chance of your boot not "grabbing" back the peg and your foot slipping off

the peg?

I work with the guy who came up with the Power Pegz!! We also work with the mechanical guy who did up all the drawings for him.

I don't know the full story on the development of the pegs but I am pretty sure they are an Aussie invention, designed and built in Tasmania. They have been around for close to 5 years now (maybe more) and it looks to me as though the power pegs are a straight copy?

Pivot pegz have been manufacturing a set for the DRZ for quite a few years now (I am now using the set I bought for my old 400 four years ago) and they work really well. They do spring back when you take your weight off them and definately help with weight distribution on the bike & operating the controls (although the difference isn't a night and day thing in my experience).

IMG_0737ver4.jpg

Burren read my post earlier on page 1. From what I have gathered it was originally definitely a 2 person effort between the guy who is selling pivot pegs (from AU) and my buddy here in California who does the Power Pegz.....

Soooo, power pegz don't spring back? Seems like that would be essential for optimum performance. :banghead:
I sorta had this discussion already and what I was told is basically with the weight of a rider on the pegs the spring isn't going to do anything to keep it from rotating anyways so why have a spring? Makes sense to me, peg rotates to fit your boot angle at any given time.

I sorta had this discussion already and what I was told is basically with the weight of a rider on the pegs the spring isn't going to do anything to keep it from rotating anyways so why have a spring? Makes sense to me, peg rotates to fit your boot angle at any given time.

Sounds reasonable :banghead: They do look sweet :applause:

I'm sure there are some out there who want their feet to wobble back in forth, I'll stick to shifting and braking with solid pegs and manually pivot the feet if I need to to.

I was likely one of the first to order some for my S model back in February or March (can't remember it was so long ago). I'd check in every now and again to get an update and George (I'm pretty sure that's his name) was real friendly but told me that there were manufacturing difficulties.

Well, I got a package on Friday and low and behold it was my PowerPegz. Needless to say, I had given up hope. I was surprised and very happy to get them!

In fact, that night my bro-in-law and I tried to install them. For fear of being an idiot, we couldn't get them on. Actually, we started on the left side (shifter side) because it was easier. We removed the original peg and tried installing the new peg. It's pretty apparant which peg is left and which is right.

Even still, we could not get the peg to mount far enough onto the stud for the hole to line up. It was very close... maybe a couple thousands of an inch off. But it was enough off for us not to be able to get the peg on.

What's worse, it sure doesn't look like I got the right set of pegs. Even though the box says "PPSZ501" which is the DRZ part number, they can't be right. Had we gotten the pegs to mount, then the rotation of the pegs would only have gone from about 10 degrees to about 70 degrees. They wouldn't lie flat is what I'm saying (nor would they go forward at all).

Anyone else have some?

Thanks,