Sign in to follow this  

IMPORTANT: US forest service rule change pending

www.dirtrider.com has an article today on the US forest service is accepting letters (comments)until SEPT. 13 on its proposed rule changes for OHV use nationwide. The blue ribbon coaltion says this will be the biggest effort yet to limit access or eliminate us from using the national forests

altogether.

more info is on the BRC web site www.sharetrails.org

please help out on this, I am Canadian, so they don't listen to my letters the way they will to a USA citizen, there is an form letter on their site you can send to the politicians.

Maybe the moderators here on TT can pin this at the top of each forum?? lets help out on this! :devil::thumbsup:

from what i read this has more to do with jeeps not dirtbikes. so how is this gonna hurt me and the the others that dont ride jeeps in the forest? :thumbsup::devil: this really sucks we comply to there rules and they go and tighten the chain again :awww::lol:

www.dirtrider.com has an article today on the US forest service is accepting letters (comments)until SEPT. 13 on its proposed rule changes for OHV use nationwide.

Sorry to be lame, but can somebody show me the link at the Dirtrider website? I'm missing it there... :thumbsup:

I just C/W. For those of you that haven't yet... follow the links. I testify that it is painless and takes 1 minute of your time. :thumbsup:

from what i read this has more to do with jeeps not dirtbikes. so how is this gonna hurt me and the the others that dont ride jeeps in the forest? :thumbsup::awww: this really sucks we comply to there rules and they go and tighten the chain again :lol::devil:

It hurts all off road users.Stick together or lose it all.VOTE!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the e-mail link via the BRC. I used their e-mail composer, but substituted my own text. :thumbsup:

RE: Proposed Rule for Designated Routes and Areas for Motor Vehicle Use

I'm a member of the Blue Ribbon Coalition, and they are saying that the proposed OHV rule could make it so that I can't drive my 4x4 Suburban on the logging dirt roads and skid trails in the National Forest when I'm camping. That is one of my wife's favorite parts of camping in Modoc National Forest -- slowly crawling down 4x4 trails and getting to see the deer and coyotes and other wildlife.

Please don't make it so that 4x4 SUVs and other vehicles are not allowed to use these trails.

Thank You,

Mike Berke

Northern California

I did and sent it to my friends.

I'm also a member of the BRC and damn proud of it.

Thanks for the heads up gang. :thumbsup: