Sign in to follow this  

Hello

Well, I am new here (1st post) and very new to riding. I just bought my 1st real bike about 3 months ago. I bought a 2003 KLX400SR so I could ride with my dad. He rides street bikes. Last Tuesday he was hit wile riding home, and since has decided not to ride anymore. I personally decided not to ride the street anymore. Now I am really glad I bought the KLX. Anyways..... I have been off the payvement more than on anyways. I am just wondering what I should look at doing (hop-ups) to increase the performance in the dirt. I will be riding alot of trails, and maybe jumping a little. (if I can get some guts) I already noticed the suspension is really soft to me, and it bogs quite a bit on short steep hills. Any suggestions are welcome. I will also be around ALOT durring the day since I work in a call center for the internet, so I can answer fairly quickly on any questions or info I may need to give to get the proper advice.

THANK YOU ALL!!!!

:thumbsup:

Hi Tony, sorry to hear about your Dad. :thumbsup: Hope he'll be OK. The first thing that you absolutely MUST do is replace the stock tires on your bike. Most guys call those things "Death Wings" or something like that. Try looking on the DRZ forum. You'll find tons of mods for your bike. My buddy has one and although it's pretty heavy, it's a great bike with a lot of "off-road" potential. Have fun.

I forgot to say I have changed them. I will also post this in the DRZ forum to see what others there can say. Thanks for the help! Here is a link to see my bike. :thumbsup:

Me on my KLX400SR

Also, Dad has broken both shoulderblades, 6 ribs, and his right ankle. Very little road rash. No head or neck injuries.