Sign in to follow this  

Gel seat for sale?

Anyone interested in unloading their gel seat? Please let me know. I want to see if it will work better than modifying my suspension for the Kouba links. For those of you using the gel seat, does it lower it enough to change the Center of gravity by much?

My suspension feels great now and I don't want to change it yet with the lowering links. I just want to be able to dab a little here and there.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul, we have spoke at length on the subject,, but I'll continue here..

The Gel seat does lower the CG (seating position) a few inches over stock. As I said before.. I think your best bet is to get the seat,, if that is not quite enough for you, try the DRZ1 links.. I feel really sure that will get you what you want. I do not recommend the DRZ2 links if you will be doing more then fire road type riding.. But that is just my opinion.(I tried them for 2 days,, sold um and got the DRZ1 link from a fellow TT'er)

Erik,

Once again your advice was spot on. That's why I'm picking up a gel seat tomorrow from EK who lives about 45 min. away. :thumbsup:

If that doesn't work, I will go with the DRZ1 and not the DRZ2 that I was thinking of previously. Thanks to ya :devil:

Erik,

Once again your advice was spot on. That's why I'm picking up a gel seat tomorrow from EK who lives about 45 min. away. :thumbsup:

If that doesn't work, I will go with the DRZ1 and not the DRZ2 that I was thinking of previously. Thanks to ya :devil:

I guess you're going to have to come up with a different excuse next we're time out. :awww:thebirdman.gif

I can't help it if I don't ride well. :thumbsup: At least I'm having fun. Like the commercial says, I'm gellin' or I will be soon.

I can now raise my arm slightly above my shoulder so it's feeling a little better. Go in for an MRI on Mon. It'll be easy ridin' for me for a while. :devil:

When are ya going next? Drop me a line.

I can't help it if I don't ride well. :devil: At least I'm having fun. Like the commercial says, I'm gellin' or I will be soon.

I can now raise my arm slightly above my shoulder so it's feeling a little better. Go in for an MRI on Mon. It'll be easy ridin' for me for a while. :lol:

When are ya going next? Drop me a line.

i'm sorry my mad skills put you in the hospital buddy. sometimes it's hard for me to ride with mere mortals, sometimes it's hard to exit my lonesome highway to the danger zone. :thumbsup:

i guess the upside is that Jan sd she'd beat me senseless if I posted your crash photos on the internet... not that i was considering it or anything. :awww:

I bought the gel seat with my bike and love it. I didnt ride long enough with the stock seat to tell you if any center of gravity made any diff or not. The gel seat gave me just enough leg room to touch with my 30" inseam. I call it my handicap seat. Hey I'm short what can I say?

Thanks Eric for the gel seat and Erik for the recommendation. :thumbsup: What a difference! Took the yellow pig out for street ride today and I could touch the balls of my feet vs. my tip toes. Also was easier to swing my leg over. I could even back the bike out while sitting on it! It feels like a different bike even though it was only an inch or so difference! My hands were a bit higher and felt more comfortable overall. Because of my scrawny a$$, I can't tell the difference in padding. Perhaps on a longer ride I'll feel it more but I only rode it for about 45 min.

Can't wait to see how it does in the dirt. :devil: