Sign in to follow this  

Tires

As can be seen in my profile, I am a newbie. Both to TT and to the sport, so I have a question about changing tires. My bike has the stock street tires on it now but I would like to throw some nobbies on it. Is this something I can do myself, do I need to buy a tire iron, or is it worth it to take it to the shop? :thumbsup:

Thanks

also, if your bike is stock.. i wouldn't stop at just some nobby's if you plan on doing some off-roading...

You are going to need to get your self some:

Unibiker radiator guards.

CFC Case Guards,

Skid Plate

IMS Pro Series Foot Pegs.

And most likely some new aluminum bars.

I also had to buy some aftermarket aluminum rear caliper guard. (mine stock one fell off the first time i went off road)

dang if i had someone to do it for 15 bucks each would let em, they want 25-30 here. One thing to note is this is a skill that everyone that owns a bike should posess. What happens if you are on the side of the road or 20 miles into the woods and get a flat. you need at least 2 or 3 tire irons and you should always carry at least a patch kit if not an extra tube. They are a real pain to change the first few times but get easier each time and there are some tricks like baby powder etc. look for the most recent posts on changing tires and you will find a few good links that pretty much covers it start to finish :thumbsup:

New Tires: $120.00 +/-

Tire irons: $15 - $20

Baby powder and rim lube: $0.50

Being able to repair your own tire in the backwoods: Priceless!

It's a good skill to learn and know :thumbsup: