Sign in to follow this  

What skid plate do you have, are you happy with it?

I have a works connection skid plate the first one broke so they gave me a new one and this one will not stay tight.(I have never had this porblem with any of my other bikes) So thinking about gettin a new one and wanted to hear some input.

my works connection plate lasted for four races before it was TRASHED... it didnt hold up to racing very well... and I did NOT case a lot of jumps... two clamps broke and the plate cracked in the middle... I will go with a different brand on my next one... just curious, why don't they come stock with a skid plate??

I'm running the OEM black plastic type skid plate.

Granted, I've only run Supermoto so far, but it does get hit from time to time.

This fall/winter it'll see some trail & track action....

We'll have to wait and see. :devil:

One BONUS, it's comes off with a simple "twist" of the fastener at the front near the header-pipe = easy service. :thumbsup:

E-Line carbon fiber: looks great, mounts easily, and is strong as hell. Cost bucks, but it is top notch and worth the money.

03 KTM 450MXC: blah blah-blah-blah-bbbblah

Had one of thoes it only lasted a month it came on the bike.

The bolts ripped out.

Thinking of welding some to the top of it and make a bracket to mount like th ktm plastic one, it seems to be sliding back. I figure if I mount it like the ktm one with that bracket that mounts to the frame it will keep it from sliding back.

Maybee that will work

i've got an enduro engineering skid plate on my bike, easy install and I haven't had any probs. with it. has better coverage than some other skid/glide plates.

i've got an enduro engineering skid plate on my bike, easy install and I haven't had any probs. with it. has better coverage than some other skid/glide plates.

Ditto

me too

KTM black plastic. Its really thick and light. Takes rocks and other bashes well, and every easy on and off for oil changes and clean up.

I have the Flatland skidplate and it is great. It has certainly taken some abuse.

I have a ktm hard parts skid plate on my 125 sx. It is the mx style plate, so it offers no waterpump or flywheel cover protection. The plate is formed from 2.5mm thick stainless. The rear mount that slips over the frames cross member is one piece with the plate, not a bolt on bracket. The front mounting bracket is a piece of ss flat stock, bent to contour the frame tubes and secured by 2 6mm allen screws. The plate fits perfect. I've cased a few jumps and its taken some hits from rocks, but it still looks like new and has never come loose. I would not hesitate to buy another ktm hard parts plate. They also have an off-road style plate that has more protection. The plates are made in Italy for ktm.

I bought mine at H&H ktm for $60.