Sign in to follow this  

Burned

Het Burned, we tried fixing my bog problems before and I am just going back to pretty much stock settings.The bike ran very hot with the JD stuff! I would like to know what main jet you would put in for riding 0-500ft elevation. I have moved the clip on the stock dxp needle one step lower. Should I keep the stock 45 air jet too? When I went back with

165 main

45 paj (stock)

21/2 turns out fs

one clip lower 5th instead of 4th

the bike ran alot cooler

thanks

2002 Drz 400e

snorkel out

your way off base thinking the bike ran hotter with jd needles.they are richer than the stock needles.

as far as the stock needle goes.the setting you have listed is as good as it gets.

Can't be way off base! The bike definately ran hotter. I felt more heat on my leg and when I placed my hand under the gas tank"header pipe side". Went back to stock settings and it definately ran cooler. Maybe it was the adjustable pas, I had it 5/8 turn outlike you said. I ride with a fellow DRZ'er and had him feel under the tank when I did the JD needle change because I was worried about the increased heat.Then after I changed back to stock he also said it felt cooler.I ride my bike about 4 days a week to work and back , so I definately noticed the change in temp.

Oh well, I'm going back to the drz info site mods for the snorkel removal, and letting this dead dog lie.

thanks for all your replies on this matter :thumbsup: