Sign in to follow this  

Going to Glen Hellen for mx race ...What to bring?

Never been to Glen Helen what do I need to bring and where is the best place to watch the races.

Thanks

Never been to Glen Helen what do I need to bring

Yur bike

and where is the best place to watch the races.

At the track

:thumbsup:

Bring crutches. That way to can point to your knee and tell the chicks you 'should be out there.' :thumbsup:

I'm bringing my chick. This is what she wanted for her birthday which is today. She spent 2 hours on signs to hold up for Bubba and Reed.

Oh and I can't do that crutch's thing.....my name is not Pastrana :devil:

Folding chairs: check

Drinks:check

smokes:check

anything else?

Never been to Glen Helen what do I need to bring and where is the best place to watch the races.

Thanks

Take headphones!

I went to Red Bud back in 99 and had no idea what was going on when the riders were on the other side of the track, this year at MIllville I took a pair of FM headphones, tuned into track station (look around, you'll see where you need to be on the dial) and I was in tune with everything! Best move I ever made.

:thumbsup:

Beer, smokes and folding chair! I'll be on the downhill! :thumbsup:

We'll look for you, Desto, Christi20 & I are going to be there too! :devil:

Can you really BRING beer?? :awww: (this is a new experience for me, too! :lol:)

Check out the Glen Helen web site. It's linked off usmotocross.com. They won't let you bring your own beer in anymore. There is a beer garden where you can pay a fortune or just go without :thumbsup: You can walk anywhere around the track and get several different views. If you get there early you may be able to stake out a spot for a folding chair. You can bring your own food and drinks which is a good idea cause the lines and prices suck. The porta poties are gross as hell by the end of moto one. Sound fun yet? Sun screen is a must. On the up side.....You will see the work of the best and brightest plastic surgeons in So. Cal."The implant nationals" Thats worth dragging a camera around for. I always ask myself how many guys had to buy their old ladies implants before thay could get a new bike? I'll be heading out of Phoenix at about 4 AM seeya there by 9 AM. It's a long drive but totally worth the trip, I never miss it. I'll probably find a spot up-wind from the porta poties somewhere on the hill.

There is a beer garden where you can pay a fortune or just go without You can walk anywhere around the track and get several different views. If you get there early you may be able to stake out a spot for a folding chair. You can bring your own food and drinks which is a good idea cause the lines and prices suck. The porta poties are gross as hell by the end of moto one.

Ok, mental note, NO BEER, bring water, and restrict fluid intake after the first moto! :devil:

On the up side.....You will see the work of the best and brightest plastic surgeons in So. Cal."The implant nationals" Thats worth dragging a camera around for.

Um, ok, I think I'll just watch the races! :awww::lol:

I'll probably find a spot up-wind from the porta poties somewhere on the hill.

Sound advice! :thumbsup:

I didn't make last years due to my injury! Every year past you were allowed to bring beer in if it was in cans! A couple of times we down our bottled beer before we could get in :devil: I think i will try to sneak a few in my backpack :thumbsup:

L2fly- I'll be on the downhill up by the flag pole! Hope to see you there!

I didn't make last years due to my injury! Every year past you were allowed to bring beer in if it was in cans! A couple of times we down our bottled beer before we could get in :awww: I think i will try to sneak a few in my backpack :thumbsup:

They didn't check my backpack last year.

Oh, I snuck in from the back. :devil:

Bring hat and sunscreen.

Camel back with lots of water.

Light folding chair.

Camera

Hat

Sunscreen

Sunglasses

Binoculars

Money for shirts hats and hot dogs.

Trail mix snacks.

Exactly what I'm bringin :thumbsup:.