Sign in to follow this  

No Mikey for GH?

From RacerX:

Racer X has learned that Mike Alessi suffered a crash yesterday near his home in Apple Valley, California, and suffered a small fracture in his shoulder while testing his new KTM 450. According to his father, Tony, Mike clipped a branch while testing with Red Bull/KTM team manager Larry Brooks and crashed. (The track had not been used by the family since the World Mini GP, and had become overgrown.) Alessi was hoping to follow up his sensational third-place finish last weekend on a privateer Honda CRF450R with another top-five finish, only this time on a KTM, but now probably won't be able to go at what would have been his home national because he had trouble holding on to the bike when he tried to ride some more after the crash. Stay tuned to Racer X Online for more details.

:thumbsup: Spit off by a KTM you say :awww:

I think MC had that issue also :devil:

Yeah, the bike started headshaking and the crappy suspention couldn't soak it up. So the ill handling machine just kept right on swapping. THEN, to top it off, it was so unbelievably underpowered, when he stayed on the gas to attempt to save it, it just bogged.

Had he been on his Honda, he'd have pulled through it like a champ. Heck, he'd have probably kept swapping and led a final swap to set him up for a 90 mph turn! :thumbsup:

Barley on the bike for a week and it spit him off. I think MC and Grant can attest to the same problem

and I read he was 2 seconds quicker on the KTM vs. the honda....oh well! :devil:

Two seconds quicker? Really?

To the ground? :awww:

:thumbsup:

Barley on the bike for a week and it spit him off. I think MC and Grant can attest to the same problem

The KTM just has too much torque for them to handle. I talked to a top KTM off-road rider that got spit off his dad's 525 after winning a season on a 250sx. He just wasn't used to pure torque and engine braking.

He'll do better on the 250F.

Yeah, the bike started headshaking and the crappy suspention couldn't soak it up. So the ill handling machine just kept right on swapping. THEN, to top it off, it was so unbelievably underpowered, when he stayed on the gas to attempt to save it, it just bogged.

Had he been on his Honda, he'd have pulled through it like a champ. Heck, he'd have probably kept swapping and led a final swap to set him up for a 90 mph turn! :thumbsup:

Do I detect some sarcasm? :awww:

Keith :devil: