Sign in to follow this  

Ever use synthetic oil?

I have heard lots of bad things (blown motors) about using synthetic oil in these bikes. has anyone else heard of this or is it not true? would i be safe to use it?

I have used synthetic oil(shell rotella t)Since after break-in both sides.I have my bike since last november and ride at least 2 times a week and everything is perfect.Not even a valve problem.The only problem i just recently had was clutch slipping and that was due to springs,ordered 05 springs.I will not use anything but Shell rotella t.It is very hard to get here in the east so when i had the chance i bought 9 gallons from wal-mart.

I love the stuff...it's been in every engine i care about for over 15 years.

High loads,high rpm and high heat,it handles it all better then regular oil hands down.

Most will recommend a good break in period with conventional oil before the switch to help seal the rings for the 1st few changes.

Have used synthetic after the first 30 miles with great results. Using Redline 10w40 in the engine, and Redline superlight gear lube in the clutch/tranny.One clutch adjustment since new, no oil burning,no valve issues.Bike has been raced 10 Hare Scrambles, 1 GNCC, and plenty of general trail riding.Many good ones to choose from.Don't hesitate to try one. :thumbsup: