Another fine rack from Tom Slick

I just got my Tom Slick rack for my 400 and all I can say is ? It installed in 5 minutes,,,sorry Tom, first time :awww: everything fit perfect and it is truely heavy duty, can pick up the rear of the bike using it. If you are considering a rack for your bike DO NOT buy one from suzuki, they charge more and they aren't near the rack. You will be ?:devil: Everything you need to install it is included. :D Thanks Tom, you make a mighty fine rack... ?

Do a search for tom slick,,,all posts in drz400 and there will be some pics,,,shebeast has a picture with an expando bag mounted here https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB12&Number=1246118&Forum=UBB12&Words=tom%20slick&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=1245022&Search=true#Post1246118

I went to the local dealer here and they had the Suzuki rack for $199. I asked why so much and the parts guy told me anything from the manufacturer is more expensive because it is superior quality. I damn near fell over laughing. For that kinda dough it better come with a spare fuel tank and packs. I look further. How much for the Tom Slick one and where do you order it? ?

1 more thing he said he can make em any way ya like, they are 13 in long and the best is 10 in wide but I saw a picture of 1 he made for delivering pizza,,1 wide mutha,,,but if you have something special in mind for a few extra $$$ he will customize for you and it is still way cheaper than suzuki. I will try to get my camera out and figure out how to load up a picture ? not sure what shipping to canada is but it weighs a little less than 6 lbs

I went to the local dealer here and they had the Suzuki rack for $199. I asked why so much and the parts guy told me anything from the manufacturer is more expensive because it is superior quality. I damn near fell over laughing. For that kinda dough it better come with a spare fuel tank and packs. I look further. How much for the Tom Slick one and where do you order it? :devil:

:awww:?Mine was about 65 or 70 bucks plus shipping, came to about 80 bucks total,,,factory quality doesn't hold a candle to this one,,,do a search on tom slick click on his name and send him a PM,,,sorry tom, hope I don't load ya up with work,, ? He told me up front that he had a project going on and would take him about 2 weeks to get to it and by god it showed up in 2 weeks or a little less...good guy to deal with....

Tom and I exchanged an email about the 'E' bikes. Based on the pictures he sent me, I do not believe the rack will fit an 'E' because he bolts it up to the 'S' subframe right behind the exhaust mount. The 'E' bike doesn't have anything there since our subframe ends at the exhaust mount.

Is there anyone in CA who can be his guinne pig? I already asked for the first one after the prototype. ?

I would consider putting one of these things on, but I am concerned about the tool kit. What havee you guys been doing with the tool kit? That's the one real nice thing about the stock rack.

The stock tool kit is kinda worthless anyway, you get a moose tool kit and strap it on or do a front fender mount tool kit, tom told me he can make it to hold the origional kit in the same spot but he really didn't like the way it turned out or looked but it worked fine.... ?