Sign in to follow this  

04'rmz250 or 04'crf250

hey guys! im in the market for a new bike because i kept crashing on my 85,and my dad wants me to get a new one.I am 14 and about 5'3' and weigh about 115. but the hard part is decideing wich bike is best for me(a crf250 or rmz250) being vertically challenged and all. any tips??

thanks a million!!

Why did you keep crashing on your 85? If you couldn't control that don't even think about a 250. I wouldn't even think about one for you cuz it's too big a bike (I'm 15 6 ft tall and 155lbs. It's just about right for me but still has buckets of power) I would recommend a crf 230 or a ttr 125 if you want a 4 stroke. Otherwise stick with the 85

its not that i couldnt handle my 85... its that i kept comin up short on stuff nd breakin bones.but my dad blamed the 85 as the reason.I rode the yz250f and handled it fine.i rode the crf230 they are like 230 punds and with less power than my bike now.i just want somtin less sketchy

The rmz weighs in at 204 i'm not sure about the honda (a yz 125 weighs around 190 so it isn't a big difference) I'll tell you that the rmz is a better handling bike and it has a much nicer suspension than the honda. (it's a lot more plush) That's definetely something you're going to want to consider. You'll have to learn how to ride a 4 stroke, they don't like to be revved (i mean revving like a 2 stroke) if you do rev em a lot you'll blow motors no matter which brand you pick. 4 strokes have a lot of power on the bottom end and require less clutching.

The suspension is not nicer that a hona. And as far as handling its preference. Try and see what u like

i own an 05' rmz and woul dhave to say that the rmz handles better than the crf.i do believe the suspension is better on the crf.dont understand why suzuki went with kayaba on the rmz :thumbsup:.power wise the rmz by far.why that rate it last is beyond me.

Power wise it isnt by far faster. It is in different areas the crf doesnt have near the bottom but it revs out farther and has more of a broad powerband, the rmz hits hard of the bottom and falls flat. And as far as handling the crf is better handling in my opinion. Its all what u prefer i hated my buddies kawi. And the suspension was crap. The only bike with far more power is the yamaha. so get the facts eh

The honda is a good bike but does not come on strong and you have to ring it out more so than the kx or rmz. If you are on a 4 stroke on a mx track why would you want to have to rev it out more, take the avg. rider and put them on a kx 250f and then on the crf 250. They would prob. turn faster lap times on the kx with its easy to use power off of the bottom and the mid range. Also the new 05 are with out any ? more responsive and pull harder off the bottom and carry it all the way to the top of the power band. They have changed the head design on the porting specs on the intake and ex. side. Also changed the cdi box to let it rev faster and higher. The 05 kx 250f hands down in the power plant dept. to the crf 250, Honda has been known for there great susp. But the kx is still pretty good if you know how to dial it in.

KX 250F IS ONE GREAT BIKE!

i ride a 125, and im your height or an inch taller. I ride my friends 04' 250F all the time. if you're badass on an 85, then you should be badass on a 125 or 250F. if pops is paying for it, get it!

you guys are on crack. crf250r handles great and has great power, different than the kxf/rmz, but not less. Try and be more open minded, both great bikes, with different strengths... and different weaknesses.(mostly reliablilty)