Sign in to follow this  

the production rule

this is my first post so, hi everybody ok, who thinks that there should a production rule in moto cross, like the one they had in nascar a long time ago, that is they have to race what they sell, and they have to sell a certain number of vehicles so they are not super overpriced :thumbsup:

maybe start up a seperate pro stock league. but i prefer the modified bikes. in fact, i wish the ama had rules more like fim in regards to bike setup. they can run pretty much whatever they want over there.

Personally I think the AMA's currrent production rule is a joke.

Why?

Two reasons:

1. Selective enforcement. They turn a blind eye to the factories and any shenanigans. I've never seen a factory pro DQ'ed for illegal parts.

Same for their noise enforcement.

They DID pop Yamaha for some fuel violation this year, but that was pretty much a joke in the big picture.

The AMA is basically a paper tiger when it comes to rule enforcement.

2. After 20 years of this, I think we can pretty much say that the best rider wins regardless of their equipment. Since it's the rider and not the bike, let's see the rolling labs again.

I'd like to see a return to the days of exciting, trick works bikes.

There's a certain mystery to them that intrigues enthusiasts.

:thumbsup:

There is a production rule, at least in AMA SX/MX...it was instituted around 85. Frame/cases/cylinder all must be production-based, meaning they can be modified but must come from the production line. 125 class bikes have to have suspension that is available to anyone...so a "works" kit is offered....for big $$$$$

I don't mind the way it is now, but I would LOVE to see a production rule in NASCAR - its the biggest farce in motorsports IMO.

But who would pay to see real Monte Carlo's and Taurus's race?

I can see it now - "Bubba set a new race record of 63 mph!" :thumbsup:

:devil:

its fun watching those old nascar films from the 60, richard petty flying around the track in a big old pontiac.

I don't mind the way it is now, but I would LOVE to see a production rule in NASCAR - its the biggest farce in motorsports IMO.

Not gonna happen... Theres no rear wheel drive cars left anymore except for a select few sports cars... and wrong-wheel-drive makes for crappy race cars.

I dunno about you but I don't think I'd spend the afternoon watching V6 front wheel drive midsized family cars racing.