Sign in to follow this  

my oil choice

I have 4 rides on my 2004 ccrf250r. I broke it in hard with the oil it had from the shop GN4 (both sides) and changed it after the first practice. When I chaged it there were no metal shavings in the trany, engine or oil filter Which I thought was starge but I chaged it all out any way. I have then been using Gn4 (non synthetic in the engine) and the red bottle can remeber the name the pointy one LOL. I change both every 2 rides. Since i chage it sooo often I dont think it would be worth using a synthetic. Any one else have any sugestions????

It's all personal preference really. I use HP4 10w40 in the motor and Bel Ray Gear saver in the tranny and it works liek a charm for me. Ps: i also change every two rides

Changing oil often is definitely good, but changing synthetic oil often is even better! The synthetic oil has better lubricating qualities and reduces heat (especially the moly version which can only be used in the engine compartment).

Not a lot of oil in these bikes, so anything extra I can do for more protection, I will. So running synthetic, lets me maybe extend my oil change more than I do with dino (but I normally change every two rides = 60-80 miles max) so if nothing else, peace of mind.

The Rotella synthetic by the gallon isnt that expensive at Wal-Mart (around $12)

Shifting is way smoother now, starting in gear with the happy button is easier too (although it never was hard before, just seems to spin easier)

So for the improved shifting and added protection of the Rotella slippery stuff, its worth the few extra pennies, for me at least.

HR

:devil:

:thumbsup: