Sign in to follow this  

STER DUALSPORT RUN

OK guys first I want to apologize for not getting this information to you sooner but I wanted be be sure of what we had to offer and details before hand.

Southern Tier Enduro Riders dualsport is Sept. 26 in Jasper, NY start area is right on Rt 417. There will be primitive camping Saturday night. Sign up will be held 6pm to 8pm Sat night and 6am to 9am Sun. Riders meeting at 8:30am and bikes will leave start area between 9am and 10am. There will be a tech inspection Sun morning bike should be road legal ( plates, Insurance drivers license) you must have working headlight and taillight and QUIET muffler. Total milage will be 75 to 80 miles with very little paved road. First gas stop will be 14 miles out and then 50 miles to second stop and lunch will be available at riders expense. The club is running a Hare Scramble the same day and as the dualsport riders return they will have the option to ride the complete Hare Scramble course if they want. The cost is $25 and 5$ parking fee total $30.

This should be a very enjoyable run and every woods section has a bypass for those that wish to stay on the seasonal use roads. Don't be afraid to try this one because you will not get beat up. The brave souls can get on the Hare Scramble track and race their hearts out. HOPE to SEE you all there. any questions call Jay at 607-734-3572 or e-mail: jwillia7@stny.rr.com

Just a little up-date. Spent Saturday doing milage for the run. Still making some changes but we will end up with about 75 miles. I want to put some more trail sections in and the club meeting is Tues night so I hope we can get it done. We are going to have a gas truck so the first gas stop will be at about 26 miles. The second gas stop and lunch will be 25 miles from the first and then 20 miles into finish. All riders will have the option of riding the Hare Scramble course (Race will be finished before dualsporters are back) There is about a 3 mile grass track should be fun. The ride is going to be easy and very enjoyable don't miss this one. Again primitive camping (no water or elect hook ups) will be at the start area with the Hare Scramble guys should be good conversation. (porta potties at campsite). I will up-date after club meeting, Thanks JZ