Sign in to follow this  

Rincon Shortcut

Can anybody tell me what it's like on the weekends. Are there alot of quads, trucks, mountain bikes etc.? Do the Rangers limit the number of permits they hand out on any given day.

Just curious, I've never been but it sounds like a fun scenic ride.

Iv'e riden the Rincon 3 times all on weekdays with no problems of oncoming traffic. Although this is a fire road traveled by rangers,waterworks,and maintenance workers who use this as a shortcut from the 2 and other working areas during the weekday. As far as weekends be VERY CAREFULL for oncoming quads racing around the switchback corners always stay as far toi the right as possibe but otherwise its a nice ride I cant wait to ride it after a few rains when the ground is less dusty and the trail side is green have fun... :thumbsup:

I haven't ridden it in about a year or so, but there's rarely anybody up there. That said, I had a buddy go down hard when he came around a corner and met up with another rider. Sometimes I see no one, other times I might see a couple of trucks, a mountain biker and a couple of bikes or quads. If there's cars parked in the staging area, you can be sure you will eventually meet someone, because there is no way out - you must come back the same way. Unless you are dual sported, in which case you wouldn't probably have a truck anyway. As always, ride safe - just when you least expect it.... FYI, it's 52 miles to the 2 hwy and back.

Where is Rincon Shortcut, how do you get there? Ive never heard of it? What kind of trail is it?