Sign in to follow this  

Tie down straps/ soft straps

Bought new set of Honda tie straps and they came with 2 short straps that have a loop at each end. Package said they are soft straps. What are they for? :thumbsup:

These are for you to run one end through the other around you bars or what ever you are strapping down, you then hook the straps through the bottom loop. This keeps you from having to place the hook directly on your bars, prevents scratching or the hook from rubbing what ever you have them hooked too.

Hey, thanks for the speedy reply. I never would have figured that. It's a good idea. This forum is great for sharing info!

Yup, I use softstraps on my bars so I dont scratch them up. It's gotsta look good!

Plus if you compress the bike with just the hook hooked to the handlebar it may fall off the bars but it's a lot harder to fall out of the soft hook part so less chance of bike coming on hooked.

Plus if you compress the bike with just the hook hooked to the handlebar it may fall off the bars but it's a lot harder to fall out of the soft hook part so less chance of bike coming on hooked.

I use soft straps and also replace the open hooks on both ends of my tie-downs with those spring loaded hooks climbers use (carabiners?). With my system it would be absolutely impossible for anything to come unhooked :thumbsup: