Sign in to follow this  

450X info (with pic)

090804top.jpg

Straight from Honda

Engine Type 449cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke

Bore and Stroke 96.0mm x 62.0mm

Compression Ratio 12.0:1

Valve Train Unicam; four-valve

Carburetion Keihin 40.0mm flat-slide with throttle position sensor (TPS)

Ignition CD with electronic advance and lighting coil

Starting Electric & kick

DRIVE TRAIN

Transmission Wide-ratio five-speed

Final Drive #520 T-ring-sealed chain; 13T/51T

CHASSIS/ SUSPENSION/ BRAKES

Front Suspension 47.0mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position rebound- and 16-position compression-damping adjustability; 12.4-inch travel

Rear Suspension Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring-preload, 17-position rebound-damping adjustability, and compression-damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 12.4-inch travel

Front Brakes Single 240.0mm disc with twin-piston caliper

Rear Brake Single 240.0mm disc

Front Tire 80/100-21

Rear Tire 110/100-18

DIMENSIONS

Wheelbase 58.2 inches

Rake 27.28 degrees

Trail 112.8mm (4.4 inches)

Seat Height 37.9 inches

Ground Clearance 13.7 inches

Dry Weight 255 pounds

Fuel Capacity 2.27 gallons

OTHER

Available Colors Red

Model ID CRF450X

MSRP - $6999

It won't let me link to it yet, as it's a restricted preview. Should be available to the general public in a few hours.

I'd save it and post it but I don't have access to a host site! :thumbsup:

That's alot of dough :thumbsup: Got a pic of it? Doesn't really sound very ground breaking :devil:

Personally, I didn't expect it to be much different. Sorta like the 250X. Woods goodies plus about 25 lbs more than the R.

That's why I built my own in 03!

I am disapointed with the 255 pound dry weight! I mean my '02 with all it's woods goodies is still probably 20 pounds lighter. All i am missing is the lighting coil, wide ratio tranny and the e-start and with my clarke tank i can carry 1 more gallon of fuel.

here is my question? could i just buy the crf450x engine case and the e-starter stuff and keep my perfectly dialed '02! :thumbsup:

It's a lot cheeper than $7000.00, don't you think?

I am disapointed with the 255 pound dry weight! I mean my '02 with all it's woods goodies is still probably 20 pounds lighter. All i am missing is the lighting coil, wide ratio tranny and the e-start and with my clarke tank i can carry 1 more gallon of fuel.

here is my question? could i just buy the crf450x engine case and the e-starter stuff and keep my perfectly dialed '02! :devil:

It's a lot cheeper than $7000.00, don't you think?

Same here,I was hoping it would be light. My wr450 with gas was around 265. The only thing i hope is that the WR gears will go into the older 450 :awww: Then the ol 02 will be stiking around for a long time :thumbsup:

yah im thinking it would be easier to just buy some of the 450x goodies (ex. the cases for elec. starting) and some other small stuff. well im not that dissapointed i cant buy the 450x. brian you need to ad the x to the forum list with the 450r :thumbsup:

otoh - 2 lbs lighter (dry weight)than my XR400 with way more juice, better suspension and e-start. :thumbsup:

But then there is the price tag... :devil:

Conclusion - I want one! But then there is the price tag :awww: But I really, really want one...

You could lose 5-7 lbs. with the right quiet pipe. The cases, starter, and necessary pieces could set you back $1500 or more, but less than a new 450X. Why miss out on the wide ratio, 18in. rear, off-road valving (sweet)? The CRF450 is almost perfect, so the X really didn't have to be earth shattering.

You could lose 5-7 lbs. with the right quiet pipe.

I think that would be really tough.

The can on the 250X weighs 6.8 lbs and the headpipe weighs 1.9 lbs for a total of 8.7 lbs.

Most of the aftermarket cans I've seen knock about 1 to 1-1/2 lbs off but aren't as quiet. There's really nothing to be saved on the header.

I'm not at all surprised at the weight. If you look at how much more the 250X weighs over the R, I think it's just about the same difference for the 450.

:thumbsup:

It seems like a lot of serious woods riders put autoclutchs in their bikes now anyway, that would eliminate the need for the electric starter. Might as well just get the R, put in the wideratio tranny and revalve the suspension.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You could lose 5-7 lbs. with the right quiet pipe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that would be really tough

I stand corrected, and 2-2.5lbs. may be possible.

When the Honda rep asked me in March, what I would desire in a 450X, almost everything I mentioned was accomplished, except for the sub 250lb weight I suggested.

Optik,

With the auto in my 03 CRF, I don't even feel the need for the WR tranny since we don't have many places where you can get it topped out.

I won't be dropping that kind of coin on one. I bought my 03 OTD for $5K. With what I've done to it, it's lighter and set up just right for me.

vetboy: Next time tell him sub 220 lbs! :awww:

If you're gonna dream, dream big, right! :thumbsup:

:devil:

Oh to dream! When I built up my '02 450, and added pretty much the same stuff I have on my 250X, it ended up at 248lbs. with fuel. Not too far off the mark, I guess.

I haven't weighed my 250, but it's gotta be in the 245 range.

Yeah, the nice thing about my 250X is that the only things I've added are handguards.... and gas! :devil:

:thumbsup: