Sign in to follow this  

Jemco pipe question

Does anybody know the gains over stock, Ive seen it compared to the fmf and heard lots of stuff about it, but I was wondering what the gains were and I was also wondering if it would be legal to put on my street motard with the noise levels you guys talk about.

From what I hear, the gains are phenomenal. I think the noise is an issue though. Ask ChromeCRF, he had one on his motard and took it off because of the noise.

I don't have any real dyno info but the "seat of the pants dyno" shows good performance gains most everywhere. However, it is at the expense of a loud (about 110db) noise.

I am looking for a replacement insert that I can easily switch to that delivers <96db with minimal performance/jetting impact. So, if anyone knows of solution, lets hear it!

Jim :thumbsup:

I closed up my reverse cone to 2 inches and ran a 2 inch core, I also lengthened the muffler a couple inches. This got me from 112db (at redline and 140mph granted, they measure right next to the track at the end of the straightaway), to the legal limit of 105 in my roadrace club. I noticed no loss of top end and a distinct gain in the midrange. I've been VERY satisfied with the Jemco. I don't think most dirtbike events check db's at redline under load and this setup SEEMS to be quite reasonable at lower rpm's although I don't have data to back it up.

Noise not being a concern at this point, I can tell you there are only two pipes my CRF450 is going to be running...

My custom ST/Yosh setup (very loud), or the Jemco. Having ridden both back to back with other pipes....the rest are a waste of money as far as overall performance is concerned to me. Sounds like I am being mean, but that's just my opinion, and you know about those already so... :thumbsup:

If I want quiet, I would just run the stocker...or the FMF Q for the ultimate quet when stock just won't do :devil: