Sign in to follow this  

05 CRF450X- picture

Specifications from website:

ENGINE

Engine Type 449cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke

Bore and Stroke 96.0mm x 62.0mm

Compression Ratio 12.0:1

Valve Train Unicam; four-valve

Carburetion Keihin 40.0mm flat-slide with throttle position sensor (TPS)

Ignition CD with electronic advance and lighting coil

Starting Electric & kick

DRIVE TRAIN

Transmission Wide-ratio five-speed

Final Drive #520 T-ring-sealed chain; 13T/51T

CHASSIS/ SUSPENSION/ BRAKES

Front Suspension 47.0mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position rebound- and 16-position compression-damping adjustability; 12.4-inch travel

Rear Suspension Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring-preload, 17-position rebound-damping adjustability, and compression-damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 12.4-inch travel

Front Brakes Single 240.0mm disc with twin-piston caliper

Rear Brake Single 240.0mm disc

Front Tire 80/100-21

Rear Tire 110/100-18

DIMENSIONS

Wheelbase 58.2 inches

Rake 27.28 degrees

Trail 112.8mm (4.4 inches)

Seat Height 37.9 inches

Ground Clearance 13.7 inches

Dry Weight 255 pounds

Fuel Capacity 2.27 gallons

OTHER

Available Colors Red

Model ID CRF450X

Its the new BRP....255 pounds!!!...All I can say is HOLY COW! And furthermore $7000.00. That makes the KTM 400/450/525 seem light and frugal!!! Afterall we are talking the CRF450X is 255 DRY :thumbsup: and the KTM's are 251 :devil: with fuel tank empty but all the oil, coolant, etc. included.

Its interesting that they use a cable driven speedo on that thing, and not something like a trail tech computer...

255 lbs. dry. Damn, I'm glad I bought a 300 EXC in the interim until these mfg's figure out that we want a 450 off road bike that's light. Not old school heavy with new school power.

If I was buying a 450 off road bike right now, the 450 EXC would be tops on my list.

HP @ 9,000 RPM = 55.6

Torque @ 6,500 RPM = 37.39 lb/ft

...but 255 lbs dry / 284 lbs wet :thumbsup:

I think i will just spend a little more on my '02 and get the baja wide ratio kit and also put a z-start auto clutch in it. It would be almost the same thing minus the e-start! Anyone know if the 450x case's will fit my '02 motor? If they do i could just buy all the electric's from honda and put the e-button on my '02.

I will probably buy a 450x anyway just to have a new bike :thumbsup:

:devil: WOW - I really liked it until I read the specs...I'd rather deal with the trail riding limitations of my '04 than the extra 30something pounds. :thumbsup:

Yeah the E start and battery must add most of that weight.

yeah but 36.5lbs is a bloody big battery, and a starter for a jumbo jet?? :thumbsup:

Sounds like Honda might be truthfull on the weight instead of the never obtainable numbers the other guys come up with! And were bashing them?

...and a starter for a jumbo jet??

Here's a pic of the starter from Baja Designs for the XR650R estart kit. Perhaps this starter came off a jumbo jet :devil::thumbsup::awww:

At least the CRF450X starter looks sano where as this starter from BD looks insano :lol:

041020big.jpg

...and a starter for a jumbo jet??

Here's a pic of the starter from Baja Designs for the XR650R estart kit. Perhaps this starter came off a jumbo jet :awww::lol::D

At least the CRF450X starter looks sano where as this starter from BD looks insano :lol:

I think you might have solved it qadsan, :thumbsup: ... if you look closely at the picture of the CRF450X you will notice you can't see the starter, ( and note that they only show the right hand side!) so they have obviously gone to the market an bought a solution from BD :devil:

Sounds like Honda might be truthfull on the weight instead of the never obtainable numbers the other guys come up with! And were bashing them?

I have to agree. That sounds like a realistic / real world figure.....now if that turns out to be the no oil in the forks-shock or motor figure then they may be a little lardy.

My 02' KTM was 276lbs w/out gas, race ready on a certified scale and it felt like it. My 04' Husky tips the scale @ 258lbs w/out gas ready to race with dampner and guards & it feels like 225lbs. I would bet the X will "feel" much lighter than the "true" weight, Honda's usually feel lighter than they are. There are times when the happy button is worth any amount of weight & I bet it will sell like free beer. :thumbsup:

Ya know that thing looks nice. The WR450 is way lighter though.

Just as an idea I removed the E start and battery and other parts on my DRZ400 that made it an E start. Only shaved about 13 lbs.

So if the CRF is comparable for those items where is the rest residing?

Lights

Flywheel?

Doubt those add up to the extra 23 lbs?

Is the exhaust different? :thumbsup:

I am guessing here, but I would guess my X'd out '04 (no lights or e-start) weighs 225 dry.

I am not going to be interested in the '06 450x that weighs 255 dry. I guess I'll just keep modding/accessorizing MX bikes.