Sign in to follow this  

Anybody ever outrun the cops and gotten away with it?

I am looking into makin a motard and I was wondering if that would be fast enough to outrun a police vehicle. I had a close call with a cop when I was on a buddy of mines crotch rocket (1000cc 175hp) and the guy was in a slick lookin cop car that hauled up to 130mph really quick and I was wondering if anybody has downshifted on the sight of blue lights on their motard.

You may run away once, twice.. eventually they all catch up to you one way or another... if you want to speed, do it on the race track, not for your sake but for others on the road.

I am looking into makin a motard and I was wondering if that would be fast enough to outrun a police vehicle. I had a close call with a cop when I was on a buddy of mines crotch rocket (1000cc 175hp) and the guy was in a slick lookin cop car that hauled up to 130mph really quick and I was wondering if anybody has downshifted on the sight of blue lights on their motard.

Not sure about you, but everytime I watch "Scariest Police Chases" on TV (host by John Bunnell) the runner either crashes and burns or gets stuffed and cuffed. Ever heard of the radio or helecopter? Faster than you regardless of what you ride.

Considering my favorite aunt was killed in a high-speed chase in LA by a low-life punk, I'm all for beating the stuffing out of runners when they are caught. Don't want to get beat? Don't run! Save the high-speed riding for the track, not the highway. Don't get me wrong, the occasional back canyon sprint is ok under the right conditions, but running from the police has abosutely no place. :thumbsup:

Supermotos and High Speed dont stick together.. Go buy a Gixxer. will keep you happy until you get outrun by a motorola :thumbsup:

back in my juvinille delinquet days we used to go LOOK for cops to outrun! talk about adrenaline... thats untill they figured out where we lived and waited for us to come home. (with help from non-motorized squids) now that Im an adult I find it hard not to bolt when I see blue lights, its almost instinct! just depends on where Im at when I see them now.

it helps to know the area (the woods) dualsports still get the job done.. they know it too, I cant even stop at a gas station w/out getting hassled by the man.

once I had one on a KZ1000 start chasing me thru the neighborhood because when he crested a hill I was comming from the oposite direction on a wheele, I put the front wheel and my head down, he was all over my a$$ (I was on a CR125) untill we hit a sharp curve with some sand wash right at the apex, I flat tracked it through looked back and he and his fully dressed KZ was tumbling! I stopped to see if he was OK and when he stood up I bolted!

anyway... Dualsports are the best tool for that job, allways will be.

Cops are sworn to do their job, so when they see someone breaking the law they are obligated to take action even if it puts their life at risk. I've had lots of tickets in my life but none that I would be willing to mame or kill an innocent person to avoid.

Yes, I may know "some guys" that have successfuly done some "fleeing to elude". It depends on your exit strategy. If you are on a SM, and it involves high speed and an interstate, just pull over. If you are "in town" and you can keep from losing your cool and overshooting a turn or a stop, the SM will be OK.

That said, running is a dangerous thing to do for you, the officer, and innocent people all around you. If you are caught, you should be beaten, hog-tied, and stuffed in the trunk of the cruiser for the trip to the fingerprint pad. :devil::thumbsup:

I think you are getting the right idea with the advice posted above.....all I have to say is I caught a R1 (in the rain) in my Saab 9.5 Patrol Car :thumbsup:, but most important is the innocent people that you endanger :devil: chances are that I may not find you today, but I have a long memory and keen eye sight! :awww::lol: Best advice is save it for the track.

Many times, but on a street bike. I can't imagine the difficulties nor dangers involved in trying it on a motard. But I live in Louisiana which means, no curvy roads and nothing but swamp around you. SuperCorsa's just don't do to good in the swamp. Trust me! The trail looked dry!?!?!? But seriously, in town would seem the senario with the hightest probablilty to escape, but way to many dangers from cagers. Out on the straights, no chance. Some place with lots of hardpacked trails would be another good place to run, but don't have that here.

Well Im not encouraging it or saying that I do it a lot, but my friends who stunt have been in a scenario where 100mph straightaway on a vacant 3 mile straightaway have been stopped and run. When they stop they are cuffed for doing twice the speed limit, when they run the only face a risk of being cuffed, I realize there is a time and a place to screw around on a bike and I would never encourage running from the police, but I wanted to hear some chase stories from some of the riders on here. Where I live and ride, the only peoples lives you put at risk by running is yours and maybe some trees and the cops if they decide to chase you. (personally I'd rather go out in cuffs because I was an idiot and got caught than have the books stuffed to me when I am having some fun in a desloate area.)

At the risk of allowing you to pass on your genes to another generation . . .

*Police generally don't hang out in deserted areas, so if you are riding like an idiot when a cop is around, you deserve to get busted because you are a danger to other people. If you want to ride fast, go to a track.

*It is very difficult to outrun a radio or an airplane/helicopter observer.

*Police get upset when they risk getting injured or killed chasing down stupid people, so chances are they will beat the hell out of you if you get caught.

*Even if you do manage to elude pursuit, there's always the chance somebody will get your plate number and the police will arrest you at home in front of your neighbors and family.

*Consider the repercussions of getting arrested - - - fired from your job and/or expelled from school, jail time with some really nasty people, suspended license, inability to get insurance, etc.

*If caught, your bike will be impounded and potentially sold to offset any damage cause by your stupidity.

*Ever heard of the felony murder rule? In some states, you are guilty of murder if somebody dies while you are commiting a felony or maybe even a serious misdemeanor. So if a pursuing cop or bystander dies, an aggressive prosecutor could hit you up for murder.

*If a bystander dies, you will be sued for wrongful death. Ditto if a pursuing cop dies. There might be punitive damages because you were doing something really stupid at the time. In any case, you will lose everything you currently own and anything you might hope to own in the future.

well your right, cops dont usually hang out in deserted areas, that is why I have my fun in those areas. Riding like an idiot is different than stunting your bike and having some fun. Riding fast is different then doing wheelies. Where i am from it is not that difficult to outrun a radio and helicopters dont exist. Cops can't beat somebody they can't catch, especially if they aren't chasing you to begin with. Nobody is around on any of the roads id take to get away for them to be injured. Stupidity should be punished but having laws are a little bit inside of what I enjoy doing just makes what I do stupid to somebody who wouldn't have the nuts to do it anyways. Once again Im not encouraging wreckless driving or driving to endanger but I like to have fun where its do able, the strip that i stunt is perfectly safe if I dont crash myself, a risk im willing to take with large breakdown lanes and shoulders as well as no traffic and no residents. And you should thank me for reproducing, I make the beings that people like you put on their shoulders after victory. You have a point that it is dangerous in the wrong place and people could be hurt, but you have to know the scenario before you determine who is stupid and who has a need for some bike stunting. You would consider yourself lucky to be in my genes cause nobody pissed in my gene pool :thumbsup:

Helicopters don't exist where your are? Does that mean you are from some alternate universe where Igor Sikorsky never lived, or perhaps you meant to say the police in your area don't use helicopters?

Bad grammar aside, there are plenty of places where you would pose minimal danger to others while stunting a bike - - - like a public road in the middle of the desert or open plains with the ability to see approaching vehicles from very far away. The terrain you described (trees, etc.) doesn't sound like the desert or open plains.

If you were only a little bit outside of the law, the police wouldn't really care what the hell you were doing. And with a role model like you, your offspring seem far more likely to wind up in a trailer park on welfare (supported by my tax dollars) than anywhere near a winners' circle.

Take a look at the responses to your original post. Almost everyone who responded said running from the police is a pretty stupid move. If you request advice from your peers, you should be man enough to accept any criticism you might receive. If not, don't post the question in the first place.

Helicopters don't exist where your are? Does that mean you are from some alternate universe where Igor Sikorsky never lived, or perhaps you meant to say the police in your area don't use helicopters?

Oh and you're coment about being just a little bit outside the law, UTTER B/S! You get the wrong cop and he'll drag your ass to the ground because you didn't come to a complete stop at a Fourway Stopsign. Most cops are not that way, but I'm just sayin.

Bad grammar aside, there are plenty of places where you would pose minimal danger to others while stunting a bike - - - like a public road in the middle of the desert or open plains with the ability to see approaching vehicles from very far away. The terrain you described (trees, etc.) doesn't sound like the desert or open plains.

If you were only a little bit outside of the law, the police wouldn't really care what the hell you were doing. And with a role model like you, your offspring seem far more likely to wind up in a trailer park on welfare (supported by my tax dollars) than anywhere near a winners' circle.

Take a look at the responses to your original post. Almost everyone who responded said running from the police is a pretty stupid move. If you request advice from your peers, you should be man enough to accept any criticism you might receive. If not, don't post the question in the first place.

Well aren't we all just lucky today.. Here he is! In Person! It's JESUS!!! Yes folks, the very man that never sinned, not once.

Now that that's out the way. I built a Motard for one reason TO HAVE FUN ON IT!!! I, like most of these people on here, don't have a single Motard track within a couple hundred MILES, so to say I don't have FUN on the street is completely rediculous. I built a Wheelie happy, Stoppie poppin, Peg draggin, backin the F^(K in, MONSTER!!! My point is this, Man created the gun for a reason. I built my motard for a reason. When used without caution, common sense, and a little restraint Bad things Happen Fast! If you're gonna play, play smart and use your head.

Oh and your "If you were only a little bit outside of the law, the police wouldn't really care what the hell you were doing" is Utter B/S!! You get the wrong cop and he'll drag your as$ down just for not comeing to a complete stop at a Fourway Stopsign. I know not all cops are like this, but I'm just sayin.

Actually the terrain I was describing was a really really really long like 3 mile straight away with a lumber mill that cleared all the trees out, but if i was running from the cops i would come up to the numerous trees that exist out of the mills boundaries. But since you don't know who I am I don't think that it is safe for you to say that my genes arent near the winners circle. If you did know me you would understand how silly that is of you to say. And the police in my area are so poor and slow in technology that a helicopter does not exist to them, it is not an option for them. All comprehension errors aside, Im building my bike to stunt and I plan on doing it.

In response to Omega's post. . .

Nowhere do I state that my riding habits are 100% within the law. Like most people in California, I break the speed limit every day on the freeway just keeping up with the flow of traffic. However, around populated areas, I abide by speed limits, come to a complete stop at stop signs, and am generally a very careful driver. Why? Because shaving a few seconds off of running and errand isn't worth getting a ticket or killing some kid who runs out into the street.

If you want to do wheelies and stoppies and drag your pegs around around unpopulated areas, knock yourself out. Hopefully you will outgrow the need to draw attention to yourself before you suffer a serious crash. However, if you want to do that sort of stuff in populated areas, I hope you get busted by the police and hauled in front of a very unsympathetic judge.

If you have a chance, ask guys who race or have raced motorbikes or automobiles professionally about their street driving habits. I think you will find that most of them drive very, very carefully on the street. Why? Because they have seen how quickly bad things can happen under driving conditions that are far more controlled than any public road.

In response to CRF450SM last post - - - a 3 miles straightaway with high visibility sounds like a pretty reasonable place to screw around on your bike with minimal chance of being a danger to bystanders. I still wouldn't advise running from any cop you might bump into for the reasons myself and others have stated above, regardless of whether you think you might be successful.

I was not encouraging running from the cops, but i know as well as everybody that people do stupid things and when you get away with it and nobody gets hurt then it doesnt hurt to share with anybody.

I'm not saying its the correct thing to do but I have done it before. Straight line forget it just pull over. Twisty roads, city road streets you can get away. No cop car can acclerate like or take a turn like a supermoto. The problem is you don't want to be doing this where a child could be playing.

I have outrun a cop by taking a quick right, blasting down a road, taking a quick left, right... blast. Out of there no chance for him. I don't approve of it though.

This year I've been pulled over about 4 times. I've recieved two 45 dollar speeding tickets with no points on them. The other times I was let off with a warning. Cops don't like wheelies.