Sign in to follow this  

BrAnD neW 230F wHaT do I do noW¿

i just bought a brand spankin new 2004 model CRF230F, it seems to go reallly good, and the electric start is a nice change form my KX 125, would you guys have any recomednations? as in how to maintain it, and what to do to squeez sum more juice out of it? :thumbsup:

Cheers to all

:devil:

i love my 230!

------------------------------------------------

CRF230F 2004 model brand new (bought Yesterday) Completely stock, nothin has been changed!

XT600 2002 model

XR80 2000 model

You should be able to remove the baffle (held in by 1 torx screw) after you remove it, just ride it for a few days at least,and enjoy the NEWNESS of it......... Maybe after the new wears off and you incur a few scratches, you may want to start tinkering on it then.......

Break it in by riding it hard. Ask on the general forum for the site and you'll find it. Don't break it in till you read it. It's the best info... I used it to break in my bike, and I have no problems.

Power-up kit will squeeze more juice out of it. Thats the best bang for the buck...

To maintain it, just read the manual and you should be fine. Change the oil every 5 or so hours of the bike's running time. The bike has no oil filter, it has a centrifigul oil filter that needs to be cleaned every once in a while.

thanks for the site,

do you guys remove the whole spark arrester?!?!??

cause i am confused :thumbsup:

No.. leave the spark arrester, just remove the baffle. There's only 1 screw that holds the baffle in.

If you read the whole stickey for instructions you will get a idea of exactly what you are going to be doing.

well i have one its a fun lil bike.. the first thing i did was buy a new filter.. but that was after riding it for awhile.. stock it has enough power. ride it for awhile until you find something you cant do with it. then when you start makin your mods you really notice the difference. after the air filter i got a procircuit t-4 exhaust and got it jetted. but not until there was this sandy hill that i couldn't make it up but after the mods i got up it fine. there are a lot of mods out there like web cam makes a hard weld cam which seems to add a lot of power. the idea behind it makes since. i really didn't change the oil that often about ever 25 hours or about once a month depends on how often i rode. but always clean the air filter.. fabtech makes a good air filter foam. i like it cuz its blue and makes it easier to see if you covered the complete air filter. i went with uni for my air filter. the oil filter/drain bold is pretty big i cant remember off had but its bigger then like 23 metric i would invest in getting a socket or a wrench for it. i didnt change the sproket size just because you have to take away from something either top end speed or power soo i guess what ever is more importaint then work with it. but its a new bike get used to it before you start putting money into it.