Sign in to follow this  

sUm sIte I sHoUld lOOk aT?

a guy said "Break it in by riding it hard. Ask on the general forum for the site and you'll find it. Don't break it in till you read it. It's the best info... I used it to break in my bike, and I have no problems."

what site?!?!!?

cheers

:thumbsup:

Don't know if I agree with everything he says, but I am dumb enough to try some of his rantings

I just find it hard to believe that the entire automotive and motorcycle industry believes in the tried and true method, and this guy somehow figured out that even though those guys manufacture and warrantee the engines, they somehow missed the best way to break them in.

I've broken in probably 30 engines in my lifetime and always done it by the book and have yet to have any problems with any of them. I just make sure not to over-rev them, overheat them, or run them at a steady rpm for an extended period of time. Every once in awhile I'll do WOT acceleration in the midrange rpm's to help seat the rings.

That's it. Personally, I don't buy into the mototune line of thinking for my own machines, but I don't think it is necesarrily bad if someone else wants to do it to their stuff.

I just won't buy it from them when its time to sell. :thumbsup:

I was always taught 'break it in like you're going to ride it' .. From my doctorate of physics carrying father. I always take his word for gold. :thumbsup:

I was always taught 'break it in like you're going to ride it' .. From my doctorate of physics carrying father. I always take his word for gold. :thumbsup:

:devil:

Everytime i buy a new bike, I always tell myself that I'm going to break it in by the book. But once I light her up, I just can't help myself, WFO... :awww: