Sign in to follow this  

What's up with white Motocross boots?

Practically every rider in the new MXA is wearing white boots.

Are they cooler?

Do they show dust less (like a white car vs. black)?

A fashion statement?

Bubba's new Fox boots are silver and black. He was the only one I spotted who wasn't shod in white.

Are they cooler?

:awww:

:thumbsup:

A fashion statement?

:devil::lol:

i was told by the pimple faced sales kid who sold me my white AS tech 8s that white is the hot meaning cool (fashion statement)color choice of the day last year.

what he didn't tell me is the small oval vents on the tech 8s are open on the white boots but closed on the non-white black or blue tech 8s.

so now my feet get a little more air in the summer as these are their summer/dry area boots, but my socks are soaking wet all winter because I listened to the lame ass who sold them to me based white being the "in" color, not knowing the dark tech 8s would keep my feet dry because the little oval vents are plugged closed on the dark boots.

a little titbit about alpinestars most guys don't know.

Practically every rider in the new MXA is wearing white boots.

Are they cooler?

A fashion statement?

Bubba's new Fox boots are silver and black. He was the only one I spotted who wasn't shod in white.

Wearing black boots in blazing sunlight sucks. White everything soaks up less radiated heat, and far fewer photons.

Since the Tech 8s are extremely popular they actually are a different design with more ventilation than other colors, so I guess for hot weather they are the deal, and it is pretty hot in SoCal.

My next pair will be white, believe it. I do not care WHAT anyone thinks they look like; I'm tired of draining my Camelback 30 minutes out the door!! :thumbsup::devil:

I wear white tech6's... I just simply think they look better than the other color choices...

After all, that IS the reason they make other colors.. Isn't it? :thumbsup:

So the white boots are vented a little better and they make a fashion statement. I'm sure they look great for the first few rides but what then? They can't stay looking pearly-white forever...especially if you ride a lot.

I read somewhere that boots dyed white stay stiffer, providing more protection. dark dyes affect the leather more. :thumbsup:

So the white boots are vented a little better and they make a fashion statement. I'm sure they look great for the first few rides but what then? They can't stay looking pearly-white forever...especially if you ride a lot.

ever seen the white paint in a bottle for nurses shoes? :thumbsup:

The reason they make different colored gear, including boots, is so that people can make their own choices.

You don't like white boots? Don't buy them!!!!

I have a pair of white AS tech 8's and I like them. I bought them mostly because I liked the way the white looks. It happened to be a bonus that they are vented since I ride in hot weather a lot.

I clean them up every couple of rides or so. They are over a year old now and certainly don't look new. But they don't look bad either.

I just bought a second pair of boots, WHITE Oxtar TCX Pros.

Something about the white just does it for me. :thumbsup:

As mention, I thought the white Tech 8's were vented for hot weather riding. All other colors are not vented.

IMHO, the color of your helmet, chest protector, jersey, and pants is going to make more difference in how much heat your outfit absorbs.

But venting your feet... I would guess that makes more difference than the color.

I always thought warm weather pants, like those from Moose, in white mixed with sand and other dirt colors would be best. Mix in brown and sand colors, so you can't see crash marks as easily.

You don't like white boots? Don't buy them!!!!

I bought black and white T8's. :devil:

Don't get me wrong, I think the white one's look GREAT and I'm all for choice. It just seemed to me they'd be higher maintenance keeping them looking nice than something else.

I'm up for a new set of boots next spring so maybe I'll get a white pair this time around. :awww::thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong, I think the white one's look GREAT and I'm all for choice. It just seemed to me they'd be higher maintenance keeping them looking nice than something else.

I'm up for a new set of boots next spring so maybe I'll get a white pair this time around. :devil::thumbsup:

Gotcha.

I don't find them to be any more or less maintenance than my old black Gaerne SG1's. In fact, mine seem to look *nicer* than my black boots did after a year of abuse. Maybe it's because I clean them more often? :awww:

I was gonna get white ones but my dad said i had to get black or red, so i got black....his exact words "what do you want everyone to think you are gay" :thumbsup:

Clothes make the man they say.

BOOT MAINTENANCE &%$#@!. Knock the f-ing dirt out of them slap them on and ride. What a bunch of nancys. Yeah they look real cool under those over the boot pants that are in-style. :thumbsup:

Always have worn them, like white football shoes, make you fast :thumbsup::devil::awww:

It's actually contractual - the pros have to wear them because the show up much better in pictures, film, promotional items for exposure and advertising. Yes, it is true.

Clothes make the man they say.

BOOT MAINTENANCE &%$#@!. Knock the f-ing dirt out of them slap them on and ride. What a bunch of nancys. Yeah they look real cool under those over the boot pants that are in-style. :thumbsup:

Over the boot pants are for FMX'ers and fanny-packers.

Like the guy says - white boots makes you fast! :devil:

I think I'll start wearing white boots when I start pulling my pants up to my chest. :thumbsup:

over here at the supercross masters i saw only one guy without white tech 8's, he had black tech 8's. :thumbsup:

its probly caus there the best.