- New geometry frame.

- New filter air box.

- New rear subframe.

- New swing arm.

- New linkage.

- New rear hub.

- Rear brake disc with 4 bolts.

- New rear brake Nissin calipper.

- New rear brake pomp with fluid reservoir built-in.

- Rear axel diameter increased to 22mm.

- Kayaba front fork 48 mm.

- Ohlins front fork 46mm and 48mm as optional.

- CNC tripple clump machined from block as optional.

- Improved footrest position.

- New rear brake pedal.

- Bike weigh lowered by 2 kg

Engine

2 stroke

EN 125

- Improved power delivery at low and mid range.

- New head profile.

MX 125

- Higher inertial effect crank shaft.

- New head profile.

EN 250

- Increased crank shaft outside diameter 1,5mm.

MX 250

- Increased conrod pin diameter from 24mm to 25mm.

4 stroke

- New head design with optimized valves location, closer each other for better flow (all 450cc – 530cc ).

- Titanium valves ( only MX and SMX ).

- Smaller diameter buckets and single valve springs.

- Keihin carburettor (only MX 450/530 and SMX 450/660cc ).

- Electric start system improved operation and reliability.

- Revised cam profiles for smoother power delivery and easier starting ( only EN-SMR-SMM 450/530cc.).

- New ignition advance curves ( all models ).

- New primary transmission ratio.

- New oil recovery channels for better oil circulation.

I have been waiting, and it looks sweet. The pics dont really match the specs for 05 thought the first pic it doesnt have the right brake resivor and swing arm, were the next few pics do, also if that is the new brake lever I can't say I like it better than the old trick billet one.

It looks great.. The brake pedal still looks to be billet, just a different bend I assume?

I still prefer the grey frame paint over the black but nevertheless it looks trick!

I wonder if all Paioli forks are still being sold? My '02 paiolis have kayaba internals so I guess there's no different really anyways..

I still prefer the grey frame paint over the black but nevertheless it looks trick!

The colour of the 2004 frame wasn't straight black (although it does look black on pictures) but kind of metallic, which looks pretty good in the life version.

When I bought mine I also preferred the grey frame, but when it arrived at my dealer I was pleasantly surprised :thumbsup:

my friend rides 400 E 2003

broken starting mechanism, not fixed under warranty even though it was a factory fault

I dont like the power delivery on this bike bike,

enduro version, it has very low low end power and explodes in the highs

not suitable for the tight trails as the bike overheats (throws out water) on regular basis because of constant clutch help

he must always ride one gear lower than I do

on the track it rocks, but softer set enduro suspension (ohlins) help him to bottom oftem

and that is the bike that cost 11.000$ in europe

yeah, its hand made :devil: and very nice also

the guy :thumbsup:

0106.JPG

my friend rides 400 E 2003

broken starting mechanism, not fixed under warranty even though it was a factory fault

I dont like the power delivery on this bike bike,

enduro version, it has very low low end power and explodes in the highs

not suitable for the tight trails as the bike overheats (throws out water) on regular basis because of constant clutch help

he must always ride one gear lower than I do

on the track it rocks, but softer set enduro suspension (ohlins) help him to bottom oftem

and that is the bike that cost 11.000$ in europe

yeah, its hand made :thumbsup: and very nice also

the guy :devil:

I've had the same problems with the starter-system. The importer got me some new improved parts, and the problems are solved now. However, later on he wanted to charge the costs of these parts, but he can suck my.... and kis my ...., no way I'm going to pay :awww:

Handling at low rev's can be improved by using an MX-muffler, because the enduro-muffler is a lot to restrictive.

I had a problem with a faulty ignition on mine and TM replaced it under warranty although no warranty is stated when you buy the bike. I've been very impressed with how I've been treated as an owner. I have overheated mine a few times in the tight trails as well, you're right, the bike is soft on low-end power and a lot of clutch work is needed when the going gets really tough. However I'm running stock MX gearing and I believe that if I added two teeth to the rear sprocket it would be a non-issue. I ride half-and-half motocross and trails so I've just left the gearing stock. The engine is simply awesome on the track and trails that are wider than the handlebars with stock gearing :thumbsup: I love how explosive and hard it pulls from mid to top, yet smooth and controllable. It feels more powerful than any other 400 I've ever ridden.

Very nice, every year I see the new TM's come out and I want to sell my 98 for a new TM. It's hard to believe my bike is 7 years old already, but still out runs newer jap. bikes everytime :thumbsup: Anybody want to buy a nice 2 smoke?

hi

MX muffler (or any other aftermarket open one) is a bit too loud for the woods, thats why he sees a problem in that, although when he bought the bike, it was equipped with gianelli supermotard muffler and stated that the bike was, as you said, more powerfull as when the original gian. was put back on

is stock gearing 13/50? because thats the way he has it, but all the other bikes in 400 or more cc class use 14/50

I'd have to double check but I think mine is 14/49. The enduro may be different?

is stock gearing 13/50? because thats the way he has it, but all the other bikes in 400 or more cc class use 14/50

Gearing on mine is indeed 13/50, a 14 teeth in the front isn't possible due to the restricted room (unless you remove or modify the chain-guide). I think there are no 14 teeth-sprockets in any catalogue (but correct me if I'm wrong).

Gearing on mine is indeed 13/50, a 14 teeth in the front isn't possible due to the restricted room (unless you remove or modify the chain-guide). I think there are no 14 teeth-sprockets in any catalogue (but correct me if I'm wrong).

And nope, Renthal has alternative sprockets, see http://www.renthal.com/cw_master_page.asp?make=24

Sprockets for 250's also fit my 2004-530 enduro.

is sigma 700 a stock speedo (sensor on rear wheel)

Yep, it is, it's just a mountainbike-speedo with a modified sensor-cable which is totally crap :devil:. Mine has never ever worked, not even with a new sensor-cable supplied by the importer :thumbsup:

Only positive point is the clock works, so I know how late I have to return to enjoy dinner.

Maybe the 2005-models have a serious speedo (like on a HM-Honda, VOR, Husaberg, Husqvarna, KTM) with a tripmaster-option.

Found another pic of the 2005 450 MX.

2005_450MX_800.jpg

Little too much blue but still looks sweeeett!

he also had the same problem, but he got a new sensor and it worked until today, when the wire melted on the exhaust, causin shortcircuit, showing 750 km/h top speed :cry:

I suggest you fix yours, cos 7 functions come quite handy

early KTM's also had the factory 700 or 800 sigma

try if sensor is working with the magnet, the sensor should click as you pass it with magnet

check theres proper distance between wheel magnet and sensor

if all is OK, the wire must be cut somewhere

he also had the same problem, but he got a new sensor and it worked until today, when the wire melted on the exhaust, causin shortcircuit, showing 750 km/h top speed :cry:

I suggest you fix yours, cos 7 functions come quite handy

early KTM's also had the factory 700 or 800 sigma

try if sensor is working with the magnet, the sensor should click as you pass it with magnet

check theres proper distance between wheel magnet and sensor

if all is OK, the wire must be cut somewhere

Just scrap it and get one from a bicycle shop, then mount it to the front wheel. Problem solved...inexpensively. :cry: