Sign in to follow this  

'00 426 jetting... where should I start.

Newbie here. Have a 2000 426 and want to know where my jetting should be. It has been a loong time since I jetted this bike and have forgotten what I did to it. However I will be taering the carb apart to clean it soon and am thinking of tinkering with it while it is apart. I live in Seattle and ride anywhere from sea-level to 7000 ft in the Cascades. The Summers are almost exclusively at the high elevations while the winters are at sea-level with the temps ranging from below freezing to mid 90's. ( yes I ride in the snow.... dirt biking for me is a year round sport) I realize that one setting won't do everything but am looking where to start. Swapping a PG or changing clip position is no big deal when the seasons change. BTW, I already have the BK mod and a 01 needle is on order.

Also, how will a 450 cam effect jetting once it is done? Thanks again. :thumbsup:

The 450 cam wont change things.

The 01 needle is most of the battle. My 00 426 seemed to like 100 octane fuel best. Or I ran 50/50 with some regular race gas (VP C-12 or Trick 108 octane)

Once you get the needle postion dialed, your going to need a 40,42 and 45 pilot jet, and a 162,165 and a 168 main.

Your range of temps and elevations make it impossilbe to make a suggestion further than that...

Usually the temperatures in the area range from 40-60 in fall/winter/spring and 65-80 in summer. Upper elevations are mostly 4000-6000ft and summer only applies.

Jet near stock, or richer in winter (or use the blue marked needle in winter, clip #3-#4, #170MJ).

During warmer periods and higher altitude riding, jet leaner by 1 clip position and main jet (or red marked needle in middle clip position with #168 main jet).

James