Sign in to follow this  

Thought you guys might want to see this 2005 Honda stuff..............

255 lbs dry! XR400 is 257 dry. Add all fluids plus water in the CRF case and the CRF may weight the same or more. Wish they could have kept the weight down. I find it amusing how riders of KTM 4 strokes, WR's etc dis the weight of the XR, yet they are all very close...in the 255 range.

Joe

'01 XR4, '01XR2, '03XR70, '04CRF70

$7000.00 dollars ???? :devil: geeeezuss.... i wouldn't buy this bike for 3,000 dollars. water cooled = radiator, rad. shrouds, hoses, hose clamps, coolant, prolly a water pump and now if you wanna ride it slow in the woods your prolly gonna have to install a fan to keep it cool. lots of extra weight if ya ask me. how about crashing into a log pile and poking a hole in the radiator 10 miles back into the woods. now you can't even ride the piece of crap out of the woods. :lol: they call this progress????? :thumbsup: no thanks i'll keep my air cooled xr400 and all my air cooled 2 strokes. :awww:

Kaos

electric start are a little too wimpy for me(no offense to any who rather them)besides if you temporarily drown it in streams like I like to do, I'd rather have ONE sore leg and it finally start than have TWO sore legs from pushing the bike out of the woods after the starter/battery overheats and heck, my street legal XR250L is 261 pounds with a STEEL tank, GLASS light, buddy pegs, STEEL sprokets, and any other heavy crap they could add to it. I'm not that impressed. Maybe if it were lighter, cheaper, air cooled and had a KICK start, I'd say it would be worthy of my butt sitting on it. :thumbsup:

According to the specs, it has a kick starter as well as the electric start. That would be pretty stupid to not have the backup kickstarter!

$7000.00 dollars ???? :thumbsup: geeeezuss.... i wouldn't buy this bike for 3,000 dollars. water cooled = radiator, rad. shrouds, hoses, hose clamps, coolant, prolly a water pump and now if you wanna ride it slow in the woods your prolly gonna have to install a fan to keep it cool. lots of extra weight if ya ask me. how about crashing into a log pile and poking a hole in the radiator 10 miles back into the woods. now you can't even ride the piece of crap out of the woods. :devil: they call this progress????? :awww: no thanks i'll keep my air cooled xr400 and all my air cooled 2 strokes. :D

Kaos

:lol::D:lol::D

yeah, 255 pounds sounds heavy...but the power over our xr400's will be crazy...never be in the back of the pack again

O.K. Homey. My bad, I didn't have a good monitor at work when I viewed the pic and didn't bother to read it all (duh).12:1 compression sounds pretty wild and 12.5 inches of travel? WOW, that's over an inch more than my XR, It would be pretty stupid to have only electric. I wonder how they get away with being able to run that much compression on pump gas? How do you guys think it would do against a CR250?

:thumbsup: Im keeping my xr400. A 2 freaking grand differnce from that bike and my bike. I could do a lot of stuff to my xr for $2000.

It's good to open ones mind and try new things.

I've had an XR250, XR400 (440'd), and now a CRF450R. Guys, the frame, suspension, transmission, controls, power, weight lower in frame, ect....make these new CRF's very nice. It's fine if your happy with your current bike, but these are the evolution of the XR, and the 4-stroke class. Try it...... :thumbsup:

I'm just being optimistic but they do not state that the XR line will stop being produced. They only state that they are making a trail bike out of their new CRF line :devil:

I know it is reaching but a boy can only dream.

Looks like I may need to sell my 97 and get a 2004 to make sure I have an XR for as many years as I can.

I just noticed to that the X is $300 more than the R :thumbsup:

It comes down to personal preference. At 6'4", I prefer the XR400 for trails. With a tall seat, the bike just suits me fine. After riding the CRF for an hour, I felt unconfortable, no where to stick me knees on tight trails and I missed that awesome XR low end torque. I'm sure the CRF is great for moto, but it does not make sense to me for use on nasty trails. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Nice!

They don't hesitate to ask for the moon ($7,000) for the next new thing. :lol:

I'm very happy with my old technology! Hell, I'm old too! :lol:

A re-worked suspension, the Gordon mods, pumper carb, E-series pipe, 1 kick starts, and $2,000 bucks in my pocket.....I'm very happy! :devil:

After riding an entire day in the tight technical woods, putting 90 miles on that beast, I've never complained about my leg being sore from starting that baby! :D

P.S. I've towed 2 bikes and a quad back to camp with my old XR, thank you very much! :awww:

i knew they would make a 450X, problem is the Yamaha WR450f is better, 12LBS lighter, has a steel frame, and is cheaper. 2006 it will spank honda but with alumin frame even ligher.... i think the XR line should of been redesigned, but still air cooled. nothing can be simple and easy but if you guys love you bikes keep them because one day when your friends buy these wasit's of money bike for 7grand you guys on XR's will still be saving money and riding hard, when the new bikes break and cost lots to fix haha. 4 stroke air cooled bikes rule, least i think so, cheap rules to me, realibilty really rules. more money for me haha