Sign in to follow this  

Honda CRF450X coming - DRZ has some competition!

you really can't compare a motocross bike to a trail bike..

You should be comparing the xr400 to the drz400.

The CRF450"x" IS a trail bike

Exactly! Someone isnt keeping up with the rest of the class. :thumbsup:

Who give's a sh*&... If you want a Honda so bad go buy one. The DRZ is..well..what it is. A good trail bike that holds up.. If you want an mx bike that's been "tamed"...go ahead and buy a Honda...

If you're comments were directed at me, I don't want one. I'll keep

my reliable DRZ, thank you.

The Honda looks like a nice bike but I'll stick with my DRZ thanks :thumbsup: If and/or when Suzuki brings out the DRZ450 then I'll trade in the 400 or heck just make it into a 440 :devil:

my boss has a red 450 and rides it verry little and is verry maintence oriented, at the begining of the summer there started to be a valve issue so it came apart , by the time he got a piston kit, valves, springs, two guides were shot ,so he bought a new head,and hot cams,it came up to a healthy chunk of $$$$, what really sucks is if you have to do this every year to sleep at nite or you wonder when the valve is gonna let go in to the cyl and cost the big buck .

I ride with 3 people who have 450`s and 2 of them have had problems already , not good odds .Hopfully honda changed the cam a little and it makes the valves last longer.

just my .02 cause thats what its worth.

If there's one thing that people should learn from these discussions, it's that when you buy a race bike it needs more maintainence then your average bike. Surprised? You shouldn't be. They make more power from the same displacement....that doesn't happen for free. More power equals more stress equals more wear. Their are plently of exceptions but as a general rule it still holds true. Speed costs money...how fast do you want to go?

Honda CRF450X coming - DRZ has some competition!

The CRFX is not a competitor to the DRZ. :thumbsup: The XR is. The Gasgas 450fse is, we suspect. The CRF450X is based on a totally different philosophy... :devil:

you really can't compare a motocross bike to a trail bike..

You should be comparing the xr400 to the drz400.

The CRF450"x" IS a trail bike

Actually, what sort of trail bike as a 2.2-gallon tank?

I think it's meant to be a race bike.

If you read their WEBSITE , it says it's a trail machine, but watch the VIDEO and they

say that's meant for racing/competition at least three times!

You can also see what the Cycle News Article had to say about it...

Well what I meant is it would be a fair comparison since it isnt a motocross bike, it isnt the "R"

2.27 is closer to 2.3 which is .3 less than the Z

Except for price I think it is certainly aimed at a run at the ZE market place. The x is supposed to be an off road bike like the ZE and the R is the motocross, after all the X has headlights, green sticker (I think). And a hefty price tag. Sounds like an interesting bike but my Z has been so reliable I'm not tempted since two friends have the smaller brother crf250x and I wasnt impressed much, they have had some problems as well.

THEY do say "Tuned for trail duty" maybe the racing comments are for backup when they start breaking down :devil: Those titanium valves do scare me :thumbsup:

BFD dude!

Can you plate that CRF? :thumbsup::devil: :moon:STFU

Dont think I would want to. Rather have one bike that does one thing well than one that does two mediocre.

BFD dude!

Can you plate that CRF? :thumbsup::devil: :moon:STFU

Dont think I would want to. Rather have one bike that does one thing well than one that does two mediocre.

:lol: You can plate a Crf just as easy as you can a drz E/K... Nothing's impossible. A bike's a bike.. Pick whichever one you want and get 'er done. :awww: