Sign in to follow this  

rear wheel spokes (crf450)

hi

my friend is going to have them changed, he bought the set, but due to the lack of well trained mecs, he's having them tuned by someone who generally knows how to do it, but isnt sure if all the spokes are the same

by eye, he says, they look the same :thumbsup:

BEst i can recall all the spokes on the rear wheel are not the same 50% of the have a striaght nipple into the hub and the other 50% have a 90 degree nipple into the hub.

do you know to wich side of wheel fits each(left, right, criss cross), or is it just obvious, when you look at the hub

It's obvious.

OK, thnx

could you be more specific on wich are inner and wich are outer, because I have a guy standing with new rim in one hand, old hub in other hand and set of new spokes in front of him and finaly this :thumbsup: on his mind

What I do is:

Get Longer spokes and put them in the INNER(closest to the hub middle, spoke holes)on 1 side. Put 1 in and get 1 full turn on it with the nipple, then on the 4th hole(which will be the next INNER)do that one. Do that side of rim(every 4th hole), then do other side of rim the same way. Make sure on the rim that the spoke goes the right way into it to(I learned the hard way once). Once you get all the INNERS done start with the OUTERS. Same process as the above with the OUTERS.

:thumbsup:

rear20wheel.jpg

1 06420-KZ4-J40 SPOKE SET, RR. 02 Prices

1 06420-MEB-750 SPOKE SET, RR. 03-04 Prices

2 06421-KZ4-J40 SPOKE SET, RR. 02 Prices

2 06421-MEB-750 SPOKE SET, RR. 03-04 Prices