Sign in to follow this  

Moving to Atlanta, GA. Riding Spots????????

Hey guys.. Im in the Navy and will be moving to Atlanta soon. I am wonder what kind of riding areas are there close by. I have a 03 Raptor and yz450F... I would like to join a club if anyone has any recommendations. My family live in KY..so that in turn will be a close trip also. There is some good riding down in western ky. So if anyone could help me out let me know.. Also i know this is not a jetski forum, but are they any good lakes close to atlanta to go ride at? Thanks and hopefully i will see some of you soon...

John

Try www.georgiaoffroad.com , they have a good list of tracks and trails. Nice forums too, where you can find some riding buds quick, maybe even some quick riding buds!

Dont know about water recreation, but you might ask there....

Robert :thumbsup:

What are you into? If you are into racing moto check out www.ga-mxracing.com. It is promoted by the GPG; Georgia Promoters Group; which is the premier promoting group in the Southeast. It is headed up by Donnie Banks who is an ex-Atv champion. Most of his tracks are usually worked on by Mr. Mark "The Bomber" Barnett himself. All of the tracks involved in the series run practice on Sat. and race on Sund. And Sat practice is open to everyone and is split up by classes. Very well organized. If you are into racing harescrambles, check us out, www.trailride-ga.com. We will be promoting 3rds of the SE&TRA series. That is the Southeastern Enduro & Trailriding Association. Their site is www.setra.org. Directions to 2 of our tracks are on our website and the 3rd location is at one of Donnies tracks Paradise Off-Road park which you can find on the ga-mxracing website. We have some of the best trails in the Southeast. I also used to race Jet Skis before motorcycles. We usually get 2 races a year down here in Macon. They are promoted by Dustin Farthing and Mike Young. I'm currently trying to sell my old race boat a 94' 750sx full mod if you know of anyone who wants one or if you want it. I won 2 GA State Championships, holeshot on national tour, won countless races in Florida in the Expert Ski class and took it to Lake Havasu for the World Finals. I don't know of any riding spots up there. I'm sure you can find some pretty easily. Oh Dustins website is www.farthingracing.com. Maybe I rambled a little bit, maybe I helped you out. If you need anything else let me know!

Well, I can't get as detailed as the last post (holy cow! :thumbsup::devil:) but I know that there are several good spots around for trail riding. The one I go to most is Whissenhunt ORV area in Dahlonega (north GA). You also have Locust State ORV to the northeast, along with a few others that can be found by searching the Chattahoochee Nat'l Forest website. Also, you can't forget Durhamtown Plantation in Middle GA. I've never been (yet) but I hear it's a blast, although it's kinda pricey IMHO.

As for the water...LAKE LANIER BABY! You will find tons of people on boats and jet skis there.