Florida--->RUN!!!

160mph winds! wow. makes for some awesome surfing! ? from the look of the projected path it will hit the florida panhandle and maybe as far west and new orleans. that is one city that cannot handle a big storm like that. it is already well below sea level!

this will be my 3rd time in 4 weeks boarding up my house!

i just got done (yesterday) cleaning up all the crap the last one left from trees,neighbors fences,etc,etc.......

oh...well, 2 down....1 to go! this is the first time im glad i have not received my 05 crf yet.....i would rather it be in honda's hands til the weather chills!

Well it's worse than you think down here.

After two back to back hurricanes and another on the way I finally got a day off today and decided I would get in a much needed ride. After loading all my stuff and driving 1 hour and 45 minutes to my favorite riding area (Croom / in Brooksville Fl.) I found that the forestry service had closed the riding are because of hurricane Francis ?

Needless to say I was a little wrapped around the axle over the whole ordeal :devil:

I didn't board up here in Bradenton for Frances but it looks like I will be for Ivan. The projected path keeps changing, but not enough to make me feel more comfortable. At least we get a weekend to be outside for a change, although I hear most of the local tracks are in bad shape. Some friends and I had planned on trying to slip out for some track time on Sat or Sun morning, but I will probably have to settle for mowing the lawn (already about a foot deep) and boarding up instead.

MF3302, where is your 05? At Haps in Sarasota? Good to see another TT CRF450 owner from the B'town area. ?

Yeah, all you folks down in Florida, take the safe road. We are all hoping you guys don't get the brunt of Ivan. Two hurricanes in a month is two too many, but three is ridiculous, especially when the third is the worst! ?

Take Care!!

Frances(slut) tore off my den's roof and flooded every room except one. Only thing left to do after if Ivan hits is rent a dozer. Looks like the east coast will be spared on this one though. We finally have a nice weekend and it will be spent removing drywall. Carpet is already gone.Talk about smell. Main thing is my new truck is okay and the dirt bikes are safe. I hope this one spares the west coast. They have gone thru enough. Unfortunately someone is going to have deal with this one. ?

yes.....i got my current bike from haps also (03'crf).

ray baker is my salesman. do you also have one coming from haps?

I also purchased an 03 from Ray B. at Haps. I wish I had an 05 on the way, but the 03 is still in great shape and at my skill level, the updates probably wouldn't do enough to justify the $$$ spent.

We got a small group out to Quick Track MX in Lakeland yesterday (Mulberry is flooded and races at Bartow). The track was mobbed, seems everyone was desperate to actually get out and ride after being confined for the past few weekends! ?

We have ridden all the Hurricane threats to NW Florida out since I was born here in '56. I cannot leave due to responsibilities at the jobsites onboard N.A.S. Whiting Field. The Navy is flying out the rotary wing assets today and the fixed wing tomorrow. At least it will be really quiet for a while. (We did go to the MX track yesterday and stayed longer than usual.) This is just part of living in a great area.

BTW the NOAA and Navy Meteorological projections have us in Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties in the center for Thursay AM.

Bill ?