Sign in to follow this  

This is for Ron Hamp

Could you please tell me how us 2005 CRF250 owners can make there valve train last longer and be more reliable? Thank you!

I have a feeling he is going to say use a milder cam and lose power ....

or get better valve springs?

the spring kit will help when i get them also i beleive the valves that im having made will be better .i have some suzuki heads in the shop here and from what i can tell the honda is way more reliable than they are broken valves broken lifters broken pistons valves last 2 hr with a pro caliber rider .

What kind of time frame are we looking at? I know there are quite a few of us that really need the new valves and don't want to spend the money on the stockers just as a short term replacement.

they were suposed to be ready some time this mounth the manufacture is in florida and im sure the weather is holding them up Ron

Ron,

Do you have any idea of the price of your new springs yet? Will it be comparable to the price of the springs and valves from Kibblewhite? I saw $211 for the springs set for the 450. If they really work, I guess it's worth it. If not, then I can't see paying that much for springs.

Thanks,

Jason

The stock ones are like 3 bucks a piece froim service honda. I could change 'em once a month at that price.

The stock ones are like 3 bucks a piece froim service honda. I could change 'em once a month at that price.

it will be a complete kit with titanium retainers and offer more seat pressure .there will be a gain in power in the upper rpm ranges because of better control of the valve train and will acept cams with more lift every thing that the stock spring can not do.a intermidiate rider can get by with the stock springs just fine.and just replacing them every race season .

So, if I were to get the new valves and springs from you, can I use the new springs with a HotCam or will I have to change springs completely to accomodate the bigger cam?