Sign in to follow this  

DonO is alive!!!

Just letting everyone know I'm alive. I have pics to get developed and will get Squidward to post when I get home power back.

I had to pay my respects to my trees over the last couple of days, they saved my house/shed and my neighboors house, by taking the full force of the wind (I've lost about half of my "big" oaks and maples, plus many Jr. ones also). And yes I'm a tree hugger!! I've raised these trees, some from acorns and maple seeds. My 400' feet of board on board fence is gone (actually many 6' and 12' panels acutally beat the crap out of my screen room and soffit). I actually saw a 12' panel, with 4x4's on each end go flying out over the street then swing back and crash into one of my big oaks like a frisbie!!

Haven't had power in a week now and very little to eat. Cold showers are really sucking for the last three days and you can't get a hotel room!!!

My work (that's where I'm at today,Thursday) building roof got trashed "really bad" but our vaults and equipment are operational so that's a somewhat plus.

Bike is still at the shop and they have no power either, life sucks right now.

Don :thumbsup:

Glad to hear your alright Don. By the way in case you didnt get to find out yet the FTR Scramble for this weekend has been postponed to the date of the Second race, so hopefully you can make it to that one since it looks like you wouldnt have made it this weekend.

Don, glad to hear you are ok, If you want to hang at my place, you are welcome. I am suposto leave sat for a cruse, but who knows :thumbsup: If you need a bike you are welcome to use mine( but once you go blue, you may never go back :devil:)

ThanX to everyone.

West, if I can get my bike out of the friggin' shop I'd be ready to go :thumbsup: but they got no power either so I'm royally screwed for now (Sorry, Dennis but I just don't look good in "blue" and I gots to look pretty being first at the finsih line :devil:, thanks for the offer though).

Between all the friggin "Mildew"/"Mold" smell at work here and not being on my bike in 2 weeks I'm really having withdrawls. I don't even have any cold beer at home (its a nice 88 Degrees at night sleeping (ah, love that "sweatty feelin", wasn't that a song "you've got, that sweatty feelin' whoa that sweatty feelin'" ... :awww::lol:

Don :D

Good to hear you're safe!! :devil: Get that bike back for the Ocala ride!!!!! (Unless Ivan flattens the forest :thumbsup:)

glad to hear your still walking Don. Sorry to hear about the damage. I tell you both Bruce and I don't have a good feeling about this nasty a$$ storm coming. I hope it takes a left turn and heads for Mexico, we may be in the same boat soon.

Nice to know you made it thru the storm.

Our power was turned on about 7pm today, it's nice to have the ac again, hot showers.

If you need any help with the home repairs or whatever,

let me know.

Those trails are waiting for us to thrash on them!!!

GET THAT BIKE BACK......... Mark

Don man..I was starting to worry about ya....lemme tell you guys...the budda belly ain't feeling real good about Ivan...I've got reservations in Macon from Monday thru Saturday....and if our data center in Tampa gets wiped..I'm going to either Winston Salem or Vorhees to rebuild my systems....State Farm can have my house....but I'll have my bike in my truck......hmmmmmmm......Yamakaze ?? what's your weekend like next week....

and oh yeah..I got a new Sprint wireless I/F in the ole' laptop...so's I can work from anywhere .....hehehehe

Yooooo.... Good to know you're still alive and kickin' Don. Have fun cleanin' up the mess! :awww: It's a [@#$%&*!], I know. :devil: ... Can't cook, but I can clean tree's off property real well. :thumbsup:

Nice to see this Topic!! :devil:

We got it a pretty Bad here in Palm Bay. Sure could not think what a Cat. 3..4...or even a Cat.5 would do to this place.

If you need anything or some Help cleaning up DonO.......Let me know. :thumbsup:

(Sorry, Dennis but I just don't look good in "blue" and I gots to look pretty being first at the finsih line :lol:, thanks for the offer though).

Ok don, but you can't be first at the finish line and looking good, sittin on it at the shop :awww: hey how about getting some red contact papper and giving you a faster "red" bike :D:lol:

seriously, the important thing is that you are ok :thumbsup::devil:

Ok don, but you can't be first at the finish line and looking good, sittin on it at the shop

You know, with the right background... :thumbsup:

Great, rub it in Scott!!!!! :devil:

I got no power and they say it won't be till the 18th before I get it. Yeah, send the CD so I can stare at it :awww::lol:

Send the Pics to Nick (Squidward) and he can post them up for us.

Don :thumbsup:

ThanX to everyone.

West, if I can get my bike out of the friggin' shop I'd be ready to go :thumbsup: but they got no power either so I'm royally screwed for now (Sorry, Dennis but I just don't look good in "blue" and I gots to look pretty being first at the finsih line :lol:, thanks for the offer though).

Between all the friggin "Mildew"/"Mold" smell at work here and not being on my bike in 2 weeks I'm really having withdrawls. I don't even have any cold beer at home (its a nice 88 Degrees at night sleeping (ah, love that "sweatty feelin", wasn't that a song "you've got, that sweatty feelin' whoa that sweatty feelin'" ... :D:lol:

Don :devil:

Dont worry Don, youve got a couple weeks to get it out and everything back to normal. They postponed the race to the date of what the #2 race was going to be so your good to go and hope to see ya there. :awww:

I'll send it with one of those old wagon wheel cartoon viewer things that we used to have, forgot the name, there red and have a yellow flip handle. Maybe you can see it that way. :thumbsup:

Glad to hear you made it and hope to see you soon. Talk about withdrawls, I haven't been riding since ocala but considering what has happened to everyone I can't biatch. Hope you get your life bach together soon. :thumbsup: Stay safe. :devil:

I'll send it with one of those old wagon wheel cartoon viewer things that we used to have, forgot the name, there red and have a yellow flip handle.

Fisher Price 'View Master' ! ... :devil:

viewmaster%20plastik.jpg

I think it should work... :thumbsup::awww:

HEY GUYS GLAD ALL OF YOU ARE OK HAD A GREAT IDEA ON THE GOLDEN THRONE AWHILE AGO..

EVACUATION PARTY AT DP I KNOW ALL OF YOU MAY HAVE SOME FOOD IN THE FREEZER AND WHISKEY UNDER THE BAR THAT YOU DO NOT WANT IT TO END UP IN ALABAMA WITH IVAN

WE ARE OFFERING OPEN KITCHEN ALL WEEK FOR GUEST TO USE

A SPOT ON THE BAR FOR YOUR BOTTLE WE CAN HAVE A EVACUTION PARTY EVERY NIGHT AND POT LUCK COOK OUT EVERY NIGHT

ONE GUY WAS PISSED HE HAD SAVED SOME ELK FOR 9 MONTHS TO COOK FOR SOME FRIENDS AND ALL WAS LOST WITH NO POWER

WE DID THIS WITH FLOYD A FEW YEARS AGO

SOME HAVE ALREADY CALLED BRINGING HORSES PWCs AND BIKES UP TO SAVE THEM FROM THE STORM THERE IS A STATE PARK 10 MILES AWAY WITH SOME CABINS ALSO CALL ASAP TO RESERVE LOCAL HOTEL ROOMS YOU CAN LEAVE GEAR HERE AT DP WE HAVE A SECURED BUILDING TO STORE THEM IN

A FAMILY CALLED TODAY THEY ARE BUYING A MOTOR HOME AND LEAVING FLA SATURDAY WITH 3 OTHER FAMILIES ON FAMILY IS RENTING ONE........

WE ARE NOT EXPECTING ANY RAIN FROM NOW UNTIL THURSDAY

LET ME KNOW IF WE CAN HELP

MIKE DP

P.S. I COULD NOT FIGURE HOW TO START A NEW POST ON THIS SITE SO I TAGGED ON THANKS