Sign in to follow this  

eTrex for $50 at BestBuy

Just picked up a Garmin eTrex for $50 at BestBuy. Its the base model - the one without many features, but from what I've seen, thats about half price. I've been drooling over GPS for a few months, but couldn't justify the expense for riding in NJ...but for $50 I couldn't pass it up.

If anyone is interested they might still have a few...the BestBuy webpage shows them as "sold out"...but if you click the "select preferred store availability" link on that page, it will tell you if any local stores still have them in stock. Thats how I got mine.

Now - does anyone know where I could get a cheap RAM mount for it for my DRZ? :thumbsup: The ones I've seen cost about $40 - geez - thats almost what I paid for the unit itself.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051384085967&skuId=3891514&type=product

Pretty sweet Bill,

I just bought the Vista from amazon. Can't wait to get it.

where in NJ are ya?

Dave

I'm in the Old Bridge area...just a few miles from Englishtown Raceway Park (never ridden there though) :thumbsup: I picked up a trailer a month or so ago, so I plan on heading to try some south jersey riding soon. I figure the GPS might be nice down there since I'm not real familiar with the area. At least I can find my way back to the trailer!

I picked up a trailer a month or so ago, so I plan on heading to try some south jersey riding soon.

Where in South Jersey do you plan to ride? I've got some good GPS waypoints for you down here in SJ.

I use the bicycle mount for mine. It has a little piece of rubber that fits onto the handlebars before you clamp it on, and I think that helps absorb some vibration. I think I paid about $15 for it. Now I just need to wire it into the bike. That thing sucks down batteries like I suck down cold beers. :thumbsup:

Now - does anyone know where I could get a cheap RAM mount for it for my DRZ? :devil: The ones I've seen cost about $40 - geez - thats almost what I paid for the unit itself.

Now that you saved a ton on the GPS, splurge for the Ram-Mount. You

won't be sorry. Here's mine:

gps4.jpg

:thumbsup:

Yeah - the RAM mount looks sweet. I haven't seen the bicycle mount yet. I might just carry it in my pack for now.

Where in South Jersey do you plan to ride? I've got some good GPS waypoints for you down here in SJ.

I got some trail maps from Lebanon and Wharton state forests. My bike is plated and registered so I'm told its ok to ride the dirt roads there. Good place to start I guess.

I'm not very familiar with the area yet so waypoints would be great.

what a deal going to work late and cover all ga best buys tomarrow that suppose to have them you bill are the man :thumbsup:

Cool...hope you can find one...

FYI...when you search for local stores on the bestbuy website, the stores that have the item in stock are in black text and the ones that don't have it are in grey text. That makes it easier to find a store that has it.

I got some trail maps from Lebanon and Wharton state forests. My bike is plated and registered so I'm told its ok to ride the dirt roads there. Good place to start I guess.

I'm not very familiar with the area yet so waypoints would be great.

I took a vacation day today and rode Wharton all morning. It is my favorite place. I have a few really cool fire cuts I love to ride. Rode them all this morning. I've got the waypoints of the starts. I am running out right now and the GPS is in my trailer. I'll PM them either tonight or tomorrow. :thumbsup: