Sign in to follow this  

powdercoating hubs

How well do powdercoating the hubs hold up? :thumbsup: ((chipping, fading, or scratching)) want to send mine out when wheels are built.

Hold up pretty good. I wouldn't be blasting a pressure washer real close up on them, but if you clean them after every ride or so they should stay looking fine. Street bike rims are powder coated and they do get chipped here and there. Your hubs are protected a little better since they're in the center of the wheel. :thumbsup:

Powdercoated hubs hold up well. Of course if rocks hit it hard enough it will chip a little. If you get them done grind of and sand any lettering or high spots on the hub. Will look much cleaner. If you can, have them plug up the spoke holes when the spray them. Will make the re-installation process go much smoother. Good luck :thumbsup:

They hold up great. No it will not fade. If you do the red Have them smothed and polished if possible and do them translucent red. It looks trick. It well look more like they were anidized.

I had my hubs done on my last bike and was extremly happy with the results. After 1 year of hard riding they had minor chips. They clean up real easy normal hose spray and wiping takes most dirt right off. I think you will be happy if you get yours done. Griding down the high spots and making them smooth really helps for a good end result.

I didnt have my powdercoated, but on my YZF i had them polished and anodized blue...they came out awesome, and held up well in the 2 years i rode with them like that. No fading, scratching, etc.