Sign in to follow this  

NOS system on a Motard???

I saw a guys XR650 completely tricked out (didn't talk to the owner) but I didnt know everything he did to it, I saw under rear fender was a little fire extinguisher sized bottle of NOS(inbetween the dual pipes). Thing was all black with a black powdercoated frame and some carbon fiber as well as excel rims laced to red talon hubs and a custom headlight led set up. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with NOS and their thumper

Thats a sweet site, I was wondering where I could put that on a CRF450 (the 4.1 bottle). I really wanna get this for my Carbon Fiber project in the spring.

my buddy had a nos set up on his xr650l.made 65 hp on the bottle.he was always jacking around having bottles filled....

Haha NOS would be sweet on a motard. I wish somebody on here would try it and give a review of how it did.

Haha NOS would be sweet on a motard. I wish somebody on here would try it and give a review of how it did.

You buy, I'll fly! :thumbsup:

I never thought about using regular CO2 bottles. That makes installation a lot easier. A 7oz tank would actually fit behind the front number plate, or perhaps two 3.5oz tanks. Just tell the tech it's your catch can.

Well I dont know how long you guys will wanna wait, but if I don't see the nos guy again i will have my nos this spring when I set up my motard.

Quote from the site listed above:

Great for Trail Riding, Dunes, Drag Racing, and Motocross

I just cannot find a situation (while riding motocross) when I have thought "damn, I need a shot of NOS". Imagine getting a NOS boost on that kind of surface. Can you say broken bones?

I ran into the man with the ktm, he has two 4 lb tanks that are hooked up to a nos toggle switch on the left handlebar ibetween the kill switch and the clutch perch. He said his ktm normally dynos at 55 hp and with nos it dynod at 73.4 hp, he has hit 122mph with it and set the system up himself. He also has a carbon fiber subframe and carbon fiber plastics. its a sick set up, im going to try it on my crf