Sign in to follow this  

Sacramento CA area radio station

Hey everyone in the Sacramento CA area.

Local radio station KWOD seems to be leaning further and further to the left every day. I have continued to listen figuring "what the h3ll". Well now they are endorsing the old Clinton era roadless forest initiative. :thumbsup: I heard an ad on the air about it, and they have a link to a website that talks about it on their website. :devil:

So I sent them a little letter letting them know how they just lost a loyal listener and more importantly how I won't frequent their advertisers 'cause of their political views).

Just a heads up for anyone else in the Sacramento area who rides dirtbikes and listens to KWOD.

Well, I don't listen to 106.5, but now I'll be sure not to even think about it. & mabey I'll call in to [@#$%&*!] at em for there political views. I mean, whats to hate about dirtbikes? ok so they make noise, well harleys make more. OK so they have tracks for them that ruins the wildlife and takes down the trees, well look at all the housing, it's a lot worse. So they polute, not any more then any car & there are a lot fewer of them.

whats to hate about dirtbikes? ok so they make noise, well harleys make more.

Uhhh... let's not go there... again. Let's try to stick to the radio station leftist thing and dirt bikes thread, 'k?

thank you

:thumbsup:

It sure seems so sometimes. I contacted 2 people at the station and asked them &%$#@!?. One of them invited me to call them on the air & talk about it, and the other guy says "Yeah, we've been supporting the wilderness society for a long time. :devil: He claims to be an offroad & MX racer too. :lol: He said "Do your homework and see they aren't that bad". :awww: So I go to their website \\http.wilderness.org and right there on their homepage is a link to a page that wants to "solve the ATV problem". :thumbsup: So I let this nutcase know that if he wants to continue riding that bike he may wanna re think his choices. It'll be interesting to see what his reply will be.

I've got some bad news guys!

98 rock has been airing commercials including some guy from pearl jam promoting some act to keep the tallest old growth there, and to keep the wilderness roadless. That seems fine and dandy to me, but there is a dark side to that. If they designate the pristine areas that are roadless, wilderness it dosent bother me a bit, but when they take areas away from dirtbikers that are full of trails and roads and call that wilderness that sucks!

go to www.krxq.net and find where the dude tells you to go and email them and tell them your piece.

Ive given up on radio, here in the Bay Area, the guys at work listen too them, you know how many times ive argued w/the radio?? HAHA!! I choose too listen too cd's now..

Ive given up on radio, here in the Bay Area, the guys at work listen too them, you know how many times ive argued w/the radio?? HAHA!! I choose too listen too cd's now..

I got sick of listening to commercial radio over 5 years ago. About that time I was on medical leave from work. KFOG was getting prissy, the "classic" rock stations played the same sh*t over and over... I mean, how many times can you listen to "Don't Fear the Reaper" ?? It was driving me nutz! So I started playin' with the dial, see what I could find. Lo' and behold, right there near the bottom of the dial is college radio. Free speech, free form, no holds barred radio. I tuned into 89.7 KFJC(Foothill College), 90.1 KZSU(Stanford Univ.) and a few other stations. Most of the music played on these stations you will not hear on commercial radio.. whether it be any style of rock, rap, all variations of country, noise, metal, experimental, electronica, etc... If you can't find it on your radio because it's too far away, the frequency is too weak, you can tune in by way of the internet.

Go to http://www.kfjc.org and look around. You might like it. I do. I rarely listen to commercial radio anymore. Commercials suck as well as most the DJ's. Tired of every radio stations patting themselves on the back telling all they're the no. 1 station around. I mean, how many No. 1's are there in the first place?????

College radio man... it'll change your life. Plus I get to listen to NEW stuff practically everyday. Not the same old crap.

Nobody has mentioned the fact that because of these radio stations, our fight for our riding rights is being made harder. How can we educate the misinformed masses??

Lets face it, our enemy is ruthless, cunning and well organized. We had better enjoy our sport while we can. :thumbsup:

OK so they have tracks for them that ruins the wildlife and takes down the trees

let me first say that im not sure that is the best way of putting it. secondly, motcross tracks(washougal being a prime example) tend to wind through and around trees. of all the motorized racing sports mx is the most enviromently friendly if you think about it. we work with and around nature, as opposed to nascar or roadracing, wich just level acres and slap down dirt tracks or concreet

'Scuze me for getting "offtrack", but thought I'd help with radio station stagnation.

Boycott Clear Channel, which I'm not exactly sure, but they probably own this Sacto station too..

Clear Channel sucks as bad as the greenies!

If you really want to hurt them, hit them in their purse. Find out who is advertising on that station and write/call them and tell them why you won't patronize them. If they withdraw support of that station, then let 'em know with your money. Boycott the money behind the station and let everyone know about it.

Holy crap, I knew this state was F***ed up when I first moved here about 1 1/2 years ago (not by choice I might add). I can't wait to get orders out of here to my next duty station.

It really sucks. The area around here is so nice and we have all these people with their heads so far up their rear ends they can see their own teeth trying to take it away from us. It's not like you can do anything else in this state. There's already rules in place to prevent that. It almost makes me feel like I would be better off living in the middle east as a woman or something.

Why don't the people in this sorry state concentrate on something more importants, like trying to take care of the 150 homeless people I pass every afternoon on my way into town? There are much bigger issues in this state for people to complain about than some tracks in the middle of some woods somewhere that the people complaining about them will never see in the first place and have probably never been outside of eyesight of a mall. :thumbsup:

Hey! You live on beale! Thats cool, where exactly is that? My mind is blank. I know McClelen, Mather,, Travis, but wheres Beale? It's around Sac somewhere....

Beale's up by Marysville and Yuba City. Are you in Granite Bay? I go to a SCUBA shop down there, Granite Bay SCUBA I think. :thumbsup: Are you military? Where all do you ride at? I'm looking for a few new places as soon as red sticker season opens up.

Later,

Jason

Yea, I'm in Granite Bay, not military just think it's cool that you are :thumbsup:, I ride Mammoth bar, Prairie city, the Marysville pay track, & I used to ride up in Marysville under the E-Street bridge which is re-opening because it is being redone & is now legal.

We usually go to Grass Valley at Greenhorn to ride. It's about 6'000 acres or so with a lot to offer. I'm not sure if it's an OHA type place or not. We never get checked for stickers and nobody seem to care. Usually a lot of people down there shooting guns and burning cars or something. A lot of single tracks there. I used to ride over in Marysville a lot, but as you know, it got closed down for the season. I take my kid there to ride from time-to-time still. I'm wanting to ride the Hangtown track this fall sometime. A few of us go to Prairie City when we're in red sticker season.