Sign in to follow this  

Dual-Star mirrors. Anyone using these?

I have used them for 2 years now on 2 diferent bikes and love them. The crash protection is good but watch out for hitting them with your knee when going over the bars. :thumbsup: You can break the mirror.

You can see well behind you and all I do is lift my arm a little and look under my arm to see behind me. They tend to get a little buzzy at high rpm's and at highway speeds but if you use a piece of hose under the mount it helps.

I found that the cheesey screws on the pivot point come loose a lot so I drilled them out to accept a 6mm bolt and used a locknut. This way you can run the bolt loose enough so you can adjust the mirror on the fly.

I use the Ken Sean folding mirrors.

Visibility is excellent, vibration is minimal. Crash protection is good, as long as you don't drag them across the ground when you crash. The ball rips right out. :thumbsup:

Well, I put the Dual Stars on and they didn't last long :thumbsup:

One little crash and the right side broke, one crack right down the middle (it didn't shatter). Still usable though, which is a tesament to their construction.

I have a feeling this was a fluke, I'm going to call them up to see if they'll replace it.

Again, it's a bit tough to see directly behind you, but they're great for visibility in other lanes. :devil:

I've got a Dual Star mirror on my DRZ and I love it! The first one I got cracked on the edge - I think it was mounted too tight and had no flex or movement. No big deal though because Dual Star sent me a brand new mirror for free. No problems at all :thumbsup:

The Ken Sean mirror mentioned above is the safest, functional mirror going. Not as cool looking as some but it works, and works well.

Corey,

That picture is of my Brother's LC4. Dual-Star originally bought the bike and used it for demo of their products. He bought it from a dealer that was selling it for Dual-Star.

He's still got the mirrors and they work alright. Whenever I ride the bike they're useless cause it takes a little getting used to the position. I'm sure if I rode a while with them I'd get accustomed to it.