Sign in to follow this  

GasGas 400 FSE

Hi There I've Just Bought My First Bike A Joined Here For Some Info.

What Sort Of Suspension Setting Do You Guys Run Your Bikes With?.

The Chap I Bought It Off Was Shorter Than Me And A Lot Lighter :devil:.

The Rear End Really Sags When I Sit On It And Feels Like It Bottoms Out Over Medium Bumps At Around 50mph.

The Front Crashes Against The Bump Stops When Going Over The Same Bumps At 40mph,Which Tends To Make It Feel A Little Out Of Control :thumbsup:.

I'm 5'11" 15 Stone(210lbs I Think)'03 Model And Has Wp Fronts And Ohlins Rear.

Many Thanks In Advarnced :awww:

If your spring rates are not correct it won't matter where your suspension is set the suspesion will always be less than optimal. Set your static sags this will tell you if your springs are correct for you. From meory of the suspensions total travel the different between the bike with theels off the ground to wheels on the ground should be 5% of total travel and with you sitting on it the static sag should be 20% of total travel. Athough usally specfic numbers are given in owners manuals or wirkshop manuals from the manufacturer start with these. Most European bikes are sprung for a 75kg rider, 160lbs? Srings are not expensive a set of front WP springs will be around 100USD plus fitting and a rear is usally around 200USD plus fitting. Its probally pretty safe to say you will most likely need some heavier springs usally any half decent WP/Ohlins distrubtor should be able to piont you in the right direction.