Sign in to follow this  

Getting an Oregon License Plate Update

Well I called an Oregon DMV to see what my cousin would need to bring with him to get an Oregon Plate for my bike. All he would need is an MSO and Bill of Sale. Oh and one other thing, if he wants a license plate, he has to have proof of insurance. Instant deal breaker.

I'll be getting an ORV sticker for my new TE250.

Greg

If it needs insurance, is the problem getting the insurance? Or is the problem paying for the insurance?

If its the paying part, I would consider getting the cheapest policy I could and just chaulking it up to a worthwhile investment if it meant you could secure the plate.

When I plated my Berg in Or it was the same requirement, Progressive insurance, minimum policy, and like $79/six months. Well worth the cost in my book.

Rick

I typically insure all my bikes and I suppose my State Farm insurance cards wouldn't have my name on them. Still I am not sure it is worth the hassle. I still have my Husaberg with a WA plate on it so I'll always have that barely legal dirt bike; unless I sell it. I may break down and call my state farm agent tomorrow and see how quickly I can get an insurance card.

BTW, has anyone heard of Cary Condota? He run's Condota's in Wenatchee and I hear he is a representative from that district/county. Supposedly he is trying to pass a bill that will allow ORV's to ride forest service roads without having to have a plate. I haven't heard anything about it publicly though, just from another dealer.

Greg

BTW, has anyone heard of Cary Condota? He run's Condota's in Wenatchee and I hear he is a representative from that district/county. Supposedly he is trying to pass a bill that will allow ORV's to ride forest service roads without having to have a plate. I haven't heard anything about it publicly though, just from another dealer.

Greg

I read about that from the NMA site. I appears they were going to classify dirt roads as trails, no plates needed. You could ocntact your state represenative and explain how this would take pressure off of the trails as the amount of riders on a trail sytem is going up, use this as a mean to make them think about the good advantages. Now we all know the real advantage would be for us to zip down those roads.

Yes, it was an "update", not in the licensign area. It was a while back, but they were talking about this happening and they said this year, so it may already be a done deal. I'm going for my road plated WR450F anyway, cant be too sure and soemtiems I find some asphalt and dont feel like pushing (hate pushing a perfectly good running bike) :devil::thumbsup:

I got my 650R in Cali. with a plate...

Went to Or. dmv ... No problem...

Now I have the only motard in Coos county...

:thumbsup: Alex...