Sign in to follow this  

2005 CRF450X and CRF250X at 255 lbs and 250 lbs what!##$^$&^

WOW, you guys are killin me. First off, its not a moto bike, second weight actualy has benefits off road, thats why JC compettes so well on a 300 plus lbs bike. Honda will tell you, if you want lite with no accessories, buy an R model. The X is for "off road" with features such as electric start. Many of us have waited years for this bike and I cant tell you how exciting it is that they finnaly made one. OK, so its 10 lbs more than what we thought, no biggie. Also, keep in mind it could have a heavy ass pipe on it for sound issues. Like I said, if you cant handle a few extra pounds in exchange for all the goodies, buy an R and spend 3K to upgrade it and have it look wacked with that silly BD starter. I put in my deposit today and will be the first to be blazing a trail to Mikes Sky Ranch smiling all the way.

Yeah the 450X was definitely the missing link for Honda these past few years. Now the WR450F actually has some competition or should I say mutilation because the 450X is going to be badass :thumbsup:

First off, its not a moto bike, second weight actualy has benefits off road, thats why JC compettes so well on a 300 plus lbs bike.

Yea, in the desert.

"yea, in the desert"

yea, thats off road, the desert is off road, its an off road bike. JC help develop the bike "in the desert" thats off road, its an off road bike. Scott Summers smoked everyone for years on a heavy bike, off road, its an off road bike.

I would have to say that is a misprint. I have a 2004 250X and although I have never weighed it I don't think it is 250 lbs. If the new 2005 gained weight I will reconsider buying one.

WOW, you guys are killin me. First off, its not a moto bike, second weight actualy has benefits off road, thats why JC compettes so well on a 300 plus lbs bike. Honda will tell you, if you want lite with no accessories, buy an R model. The X is for "off road" with features such as electric start. Many of us have waited years for this bike and I cant tell you how exciting it is that they finnaly made one. OK, so its 10 lbs more than what we thought, no biggie. Also, keep in mind it could have a heavy ass pipe on it for sound issues. Like I said, if you cant handle a few extra pounds in exchange for all the goodies, buy an R and spend 3K to upgrade it and have it look wacked with that silly BD starter. I put in my deposit today and will be the first to be blazing a trail to Mikes Sky Ranch smiling all the way.

I agree with you, its gotta be heavier so it can stay on the ground, that way the enduro guys can have faster times.

Scott Summers smoked everyone for years on a heavy bike, off road, its an off road bike.

Scott Summers isn't your average rider. You see what he's riding now, don't you? (and every other national enduro or HS rider- it's not a 260# bike))

Off-road to me is everywhere, not just where JC rides in the desert.

Lighter is better for us clumsy wimpy types when we fall down and have to pick it up. Seriously a heavier bike takes its toll physically after a 4.5 hour enduro. Tim

Haha, you said offroad like 30 times in one sentence

I laughed and literally shot my morning coffee out my nose. Thanx. :thumbsup: RR.

WOW, you guys are killin me. First off, its not a moto bike, second weight actualy has benefits off road,

Would you mind naming one.

OK, so its 10 lbs more than what we thought, no biggie.

It is a biggie. This is a high dollar bike. Honda is a large company with the dollars and engineering know how to make a light weight off road electric start enduro bike. If KTM and Husky as small as they are can do it so can Honda. The Husky TE510 is 240lbs. with the lighting kit and a six speed gearbox.

Also, keep in mind it could have a heavy ass pipe on it for sound issues.

Once again why is it the european bikes have lightweight quiet free flowing pipes and the Jap bikes put restrictive boat anchors on? YamKawaSuki's have the same problem.

I put in my deposit today and will be the first to be blazing a trail to Mikes Sky Ranch smiling all the way.

This may be a case where a good old xr650 is the ticket. Long range high speed reliable bike that may be purchased at a very reasonable price. I rode one in Baja and wouldn't even consider anything else. Just don't drop it often.

And then again I may be wrong. :thumbsup:

I'm a little bummed it still has titanium intake valves. Unless they've changed something you'll need to add $500-$800 to that price because you'll be replacing the valves within a year or so.

Scott Summers smoked everyone for years on a heavy bike, off road, its an off road bike.

Scott Summers isn't your average rider. You see what he's riding now, don't you? (and every other national enduro or HS rider- it's not a 260# bike))

Off-road to me is everywhere, not just where JC rides in the desert.

yeah, a crf 450 that shares more in common with the xr line than any other crf 450...

reg. forks

xr600 linkage

tall seat (to mirror the 600's height)

flywheel weight to the moon

superlow handlebar perches with low rise handlebars (to mirror the 600's standover height)

and an engine that is best described as a tranqualized cougar

btw pocketjockey, the 450x was developed by western off road racers with western off road riders/racers in mind... we could give a ratt's ass about a little extra weight as long as it's overbuilt.

As many have pointed out previously the Ti valves are just fine if there are sufficient valve springs that prevent valve float.

If anything Honda might consider going to a higher quality valve spring source.

btw pocketjockey, the 450x was developed by western off road racers with western off road riders/racers in mind... we could give a ratt's ass about a little extra weight as long as it's overbuilt.

Good for you dunderrooster you can have the big porker. :devil: That's great that it was developed for western riders. Tell me how it's overbuilt more than the CRF450R. :awww: Because it has a WR tranny and a coolant tank? :lol:

Maybe you could take it on the Moose Run too. :D:lol:

BTW you should feel right at home on it after riding an XR650. :thumbsup:

"yea, in the desert"

yea, thats off road, the desert is off road, its an off road bike. JC help develop the bike "in the desert" thats off road, its an off road bike. Scott Summers smoked everyone for years on a heavy bike, off road, its an off road bike.

lol! I think you might have to tell them again, I still don't think they get it. The best bike I have ever ridden offroad, including tight woods was the XR600... yes, it was heavy but it worked great! And I now ride a YZF250, and have ridden kx and yz250's along with xr400's and 250's and I still think the same way. So put down your beers people and go for a walk. Lose a few pounds of your own, suck it up and enjoy the ride.

As for me I am really looking forward to seeing the new X and hopefully one will be in my garage in the near future! :devil::thumbsup:

Being an X model, its also going to be covered in smog equip. all of which will prolly hit the garage floor before it hits the dirt. That and a pipe that only emits 86 decebels, what the hell did you think you'd get?

I bet a pipe and desmogging the thing sheds 20 lbs.

One other thing...at 250lbs. Its still lighter than a 1997 YZF.

Ya'll are jaded. :thumbsup:

Next thing you know you'll be screaming for a 198lb 450 with electric start and air conditioning... :devil: