Sign in to follow this  

These handguards any good?

They're okay. I have a pair of them on my 225. They are pretty strong, but if you drop the bike hard enough, they will probably break. They are an off brand, well amyway mine are.

Get yourself a set of alum. barkbusters and the plastic shroud to go on them and you will have great protection. I do a lot of woods riding and I got them on my bike and it works great.

I bought a pair of these and they broke right in half the first time I laid it over.these are the worst handguards I ever bought. :thumbsup::devil:

I second the Tusk guards. They are an incredible value considering what you get. make sure you get the plastic guards and spoilers with them. All together they cost 50 bucks!. The only others that offer more protection, are the ones with the plastic inside the aluminum guard. Keeps the plastic from breaking when you lay it down hard. I dont ride in the woods without Bark busters, I consider them an indespensable saftey item. Keeps your levers from breaking too.

Me too. I've hit trees with them and laid it down pretty good a few times, and they haven't even bent! They've suprised me...

Yes sir. Those are excellent. You wont be disappointed. :thumbsup:

When you install them you might have to cut off the ball end of the levers, I had to on an XT225 and a TTR250.

I bought a pair of these and they broke right in half the first time I laid it over.these are the worst handguards I ever bought. :cry: :cry:

I agree i boutght mine and the first time my bike fell the pieces of sh** shatter into pieces