Sign in to follow this  

Newbie quotes!

Here are some dumb quotes I made when was a noob:

Before my 200: We wont be jumping or anything. I'd be to afraid to! (To my mom)

With my first bike, XR200, to my family: I dont know why all these people told me to get 400's, or even bigger! A 200 has more than enough power than I'll ever need.

When the CRF230 got its ignition wet, getting hit by a wave at the beach: I think water got in the pipe, cuz its not running very well and the airfilter isnt wet.

To the managers boss at work, who had a CR80 and knew nothing about bikes: My bike has a bit more power. You see, two strokes basically make twice as much power per cc as a four stroke. So, your bike makes the equivelant of a 160cc four stroke.

Now: Dang this things slow (while I put the for sale signs on) :thumbsup:

Lets hear some from you guys.

In 1999/2000- "I think I'll try trailriding. I liked bikes when I was growing up on the farm. I don't think I'll get hooked." :thumbsup:

"I think Im going to buy a KLR650"

A month before I found TT... Thank your DRZ forum...!!!

"Better tires? These seem fine to me"

Deathwing reference, a few days before 2 bruised ribs & a sprained wrist.

"Damn [@#$%&*!] disc lock"

While picking my bike off the ground in front of 20 people outside a bar, no I wasnt drunk...

"90 in a 65? But officer, my bike wont even go that fast" :thumbsup:

Re-Newbie rider two years ago; "I'm just gonna ride simple trails. I'll NEVER go on one of those black diamond trails! Too scary!" That's almost all I seem to do these days... chasing my kid around those nasty little trails... :thumbsup:

I'm a newbie and I say stupid sh*t everytime I open my mouth about bikes. :thumbsup::devil: I'm still a work in progress so maybe this will be a quote later...

"I'm going to get the XR650R for my first bike ever because then I can grow into it and I will never be underpowered"

Lots of possibilities for stupidity on that comment! Hopefully I'll live to tell you if I should have started w/ a smaller bike! :awww::lol::D

I'm sure I'll get slammed for this comment, so I'll just have to leave myself wide ass open for the "experienced" TT members. I hope in this forum, you ppl don't think all "noobs" are new to the sport and hobby of riding bikes in general. Being a Newbie to discussion "here" in no way makes everyone an inexperienced rider. I started riding when I was 5 and 31 years later, I found this forum. I can't understand how people with over a thousand posts here ever have time to ride! Just an oppinion. Thanx.

I can't understand how people with over a thousand posts here ever have time to ride! Just an oppinion. Thanx.

That's easy, the weekend is for riding and the workday is for posting on the 'net! :devil: Oops, hope the boss didn't see that :thumbsup:

Im not a noob by any means but heres a good one I said to my parents when I bought my xr50 for a pitbike.

To my Parents:"I promiss that I am not going to spend that much money and its not going to be a money pit"

HAHAHA yea right, now $3000 later I can count the items left stock on one hand :thumbsup:

"I hit powerband."

"My bike has a huge powerband."

Anything along those lines were the biggest noob quotes I made when I first got my rm80. I think I was 10 or 11 at the time.

Regarding how so many people have so many posts. I think a lot of guys post while at work. I know that this year in university I have a 3 hour break in the middle of the day nearly everyday. I think my post count will be going up quite rapidly!